21' F150 Fuel Thieves

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Haven't been on here in a while...21' Lariat has been great so far. Thought I would throw this on here and hopefully prevent someone else from experiencing the same thing, maybe even catch some of these losers.

I'm located in a tight knit small neighborhood in a good area, and I park my truck outside in the driveway. Had some fuel thieves come in and drill a hole in my gas tank with a hole saw (wish they would have caught a spark from the drill). Surprised they actually got away with it in my neighborhood, checked everyone's cameras and didn't get any leads, they got lucky and didn't drive past my driveway otherwise the neighbor would have had them. Everyday there seems to be more low life's in this country.

If your trucks are parked outside make sure to protect your property and put up cameras/flood lights even if you think nothing will happen. They like to target new trucks that are easy to get underneath since most vehicles are getting harder to siphon, and new trucks more than likely have large full gas tanks. I already installed security cameras with phone alerts and spotlights coving every angle, hoping they come back and try again...
Sorry to hear that. It is ridiculous what people will do to avoid working. Now I’m sure bagging groceries is much easier than crawling under a truck in the heat and stealing gas but they just don’t want to work. Makes me so freaking mad!
Sponsored

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Sorry to hear that. It is ridiculous what people will do to avoid working. Now I’m sure bagging groceries is much easier than crawling under a truck in the heat and stealing gas but they just don’t want to work. Makes me so freaking mad!
To be fair, I've met a lot of working class people that were thieves. Go leave your tools unsecured on a construction site and tell me what happens to them.

I think new trucks are just an easy target for heroin addicts/meth heads.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Already had it lol. Now just trying to make sure the new one that goes back in is the same size!
Does your truck have skid plates? and if so does it not cover the gas tank also?

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
To be fair, I've met a lot of working class people that were thieves. Go leave your tools unsecured on a construction site and tell me what happens to them.

I think new trucks are just an easy target for heroin addicts/meth heads.
Resi? I can tall ya most of my thieves are illegals or drug users. NOT working class folk. 9/10 it's the ones "cant" speak English and they will ALWAYS steal you stuff a second time once it's all replaced. They want the new tools, they will sell the first set on Facebook or just ditch it somewhere.

Sponsored

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
Haven't been on here in a while...21' Lariat has been great so far. Thought I would throw this on here and hopefully prevent someone else from experiencing the same thing, maybe even catch some of these losers.

I'm located in a tight knit small neighborhood in a good area, and I park my truck outside in the driveway. Had some fuel thieves come in and drill a hole in my gas tank with a hole saw (wish they would have caught a spark from the drill). Surprised they actually got away with it in my neighborhood, checked everyone's cameras and didn't get any leads, they got lucky and didn't drive past my driveway otherwise the neighbor would have had them. Everyday there seems to be more low life's in this country.

If your trucks are parked outside make sure to protect your property and put up cameras/flood lights even if you think nothing will happen. They like to target new trucks that are easy to get underneath since most vehicles are getting harder to siphon, and new trucks more than likely have large full gas tanks. I already installed security cameras with phone alerts and spotlights coving every angle, hoping they come back and try again...
Let them try that shit on my truck what a surprise they’ll get when I shoot my flare gun at them “geez officers they must’ve caught a spark drilling the hole”

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
Let them try that shit on my truck what a surprise they’ll get when I shoot my flare gun at them “geez officers they must’ve caught a spark drilling the hole”
Next they’ll be back for your catalytic converters

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
I use eight 4K cameras covering every inch of the property from two directions and a DVR that has enough memory to save footage for over 6 months. Even with that much coverage, all they have to do is wear a mask to avoid identification.

Jimalt

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Platinum PB 157” FX4 Max Tow
Occupation
Service
Dang, that sucks. There was someone on here worrying about not having a locking fuel cap. Guess it wouldn't have done any good.
Fuel tanks have had anti siphon filler necks since the 80’s…no such thing as siphoning gas from a vehicle in 30 years or more. Even my 2003 boat and 2008 camper have them damn filler necks - been a law forever!
Sponsored