• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
I also have a "reservation" for the ID.4. Not really sure about that ride. My last VW was a '72 Super Beetle. What do you think, if I get pushed out too far with the Lighting... Under $41k with 3 years of charging? Thoughts please
Depends on if you road trip. 12k miles and almost 12 months with our MachE and still have our 500kw free with EA. Charge at home, DCFC is just a pain in the ass on a regular basis, almost like pumping gas.

No frunk kills the ID4 for me. If it has to be so damn boring the least they can do is give you cargo space.
Sponsored

ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
sedan
Did emails go out in different mini-waves for wave 1? Meaning everyone who's wave 2 is probably already able to order and there's no point to me refreshing every 2 seconds?

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
SmoothJ - i am also going with the Platinum but in Red.... did you get any other options? I was looking at the spray in bed liner and the lay flat seats
I have a ICE Platinum. I never intended to use it as a hauling truck so I did not get the bed liner and opted for a bed rug instead. Really nice and I much prefer it over a bed liner the way I use the truck.

The advertise you can still haul dirt, mulch, etc... with the bed rug, but I would not do that. Have a trailer to haul the truck stuff

Last edited:
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I might be out also, and the dealer putting their BS ADM on top of it after saying they wouldn’t. I now have to find a dealer that won’t BS me.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Depends on if you road trip. 12k miles and almost 12 months with our MachE and still have our 500kw free with EA. Charge at home, DCFC is just a pain in the ass on a regular basis, almost like pumping gas.

No frunk kills the ID4 for me. If it has to be so damn boring the least they can do is give you cargo space.
ID.4 is fun to drive through the hills. For a crossover its actually kind of fun. The no frunk is stupid, but space has been fine so far.

Sponsored

dlong18074

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Platinum, 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
I have a ICE Platinum. I never intended to use it as a hauling truck so I did not get the bed liner and opted for a bed rug instead. Really nice and I much prefer it over a bed liner the way I use the truck.
Thanks - I also have an ICE Platinum and will be trading that in.. .I did a Linex bed liner and it has been great for 11 years... was wondering if the factory liner is as good

Deleted member 9341

Their games were a big reason we went with the ID.4. Picked it up off the lot at MSRP. I know their dealers aren't much better, but the company itself does not play these reservation games. I'll happily forgo @Ford Motor Company for my next few vehicles.

Still have Rivian, VW (since we didn't use ours), and Hyundai reservations. One of these will hit this year for tax credit and tie me over until a different EV truck is available. Hope others had contingencies if they were hoping to use a credit this year.
Good move. I’m sitting here, able to order but leaning towards not hitting the order button and canceling the reservation completely out of general frustration. Will sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I might be out also, and the dealer putting their BS ADM on top of it after saying they wouldn’t. I now have to find a dealer that won’t BS me.
Dealer model sucks. @Ford Motor Company letting dealers have priority slots while giving it to their customers sucks more.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Wait, what?
I was congratulating you just a couple of hours ago.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Ah shucks! Here's hoping for wave 6! XLT standard range leftovers only.

And for those wondering specifically what the XLT gains, it's woefully short. Check the order guide thread:
2022 F-150 Lightning ORDER GUIDE Released! ? | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

Exterior:
BoxLink, running boards, heated mirrors

Interior:
Carpet floors and cloth power driver seat, work surface, rear defroster, XM radio
Don't forget the power adjustable pedals. The main reason I ordered an XLT over the Pro with the hopes that my wife will also enjoy driving the XLT.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Dealer model sucks. @Ford Motor Company letting dealers have priority slots while giving it to their customers sucks more.
Yeah and now I received an email from the dealer saying it’s 5k not 3 lmao what a shit show…

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Lightning Ordering WAVE 2 Emails Are Out! 1524BBB6-566D-41EE-AF39-EDF03E5163F1

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
Let’s gooo! :)

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Lightning Ordering WAVE 2 Emails Are Out! 1A0BE9DF-8C5F-449F-91DA-AA85E12C95EC

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Complained a little in a different thread, owner of dealership was told by ford that they weren't being allocated any lightnings this year.

Got the email to order.

Ordered.
Congrats. Make sure your dealer knows so they can accept the order.

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Are these emails trickling out or should I abandon hope if I haven't got one yet? Does everyone's email have the same time stamp?

I guess I shouldn't worry anyways, I was Pro or Bust :) I was happy to be in a Ford again after a long time, was even thinking of a Bronco in my future, but this whole thing has soured me.

I'm used to bait and switch by dealers, but not OEM's. I'd rather pay a premium (and wait longer) for my Cybertruck order.
Sponsored