12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
Depends how much you value warranty?

I’m seeing $1550 for the Ford Performance kit at Stage3.

Not sure where you’re getting $650 from?

Keep in mind the front assemblies on the Fords come ready to install.
Yeah, I saw the pricing on Stage3 after I posted. I was going by the Ford Performance site with the price at $1750.

I wonder if the shocks are actually tuned differently by Ford vs. just slapping a sticker on them? Does the the warranty only apply if Ford installs or is that warranty good for anyone installing their product?
Sponsored

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
This is on the products description page

• Comes with Ford Performance 3yr/36,000 mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford Dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
The stocks are a lot more difficult to compress, and rebound real fast
Right, so they crash over bumps, and wallow on rebound because they don't control the upward body movements.

Note that heavier rebound damping will make the shock extend slower, even with a high IFP pressure.

TL ; DR: This is not a valid shock capability test.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Right, so they crash over bumps, and wallow on rebound because they don't control the upward body movements.

Note that heavier rebound damping will make the shock extend slower, even with a high IFP pressure.
So by extending slow vs fast is this why I hear a knock/clunk/pop when the suspension extends on the downside of a speed bump? It really bothers me :)

This is my first "leveling kit"... I've always installed 4"/6" drop kits and never had this issue.

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
So by extending slow vs fast is this why I hear a knock/clunk/pop when the suspension extends on the downside of a speed bump? It really bothers me :)

This is my first "leveling kit"... I've always installed 4"/6" drop kits and never had this issue.
No. He is referring to my statement about the oem shocks.

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I don't plan on jumping my truck, but I bet if I left the ground the front suspension will extend quickly and top out the strut with a bang.

Like going over a speed bump normally and the suspension suddenly has to extend to catch the truck - clunk/knock/bang.

Does any one else experience an odd sound when the front suspension extends with this kit?

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
I don't plan on jumping my truck, but I bet if I left the ground the front suspension will extend quickly and top out the strut with a bang.

Like going over a speed bump normally and the suspension suddenly has to extend to catch the truck - clunk/knock/bang.

Does any one else experience an odd sound when the front suspension extends with this kit?
I have zero noise with mine. I have hit some pretty rough stuff on purpose to test it out. I have no noise what so ever. My prior truck with 6112 plain bill stein had zero noise as well

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a

I'd go with Horses over Zebras when I hear those hoofbeats. Check the bolts. I have no clunking with my 5100 in the rear, but the bolt sleeves were a bit small on the shocks, so if the mounting bracket wasn't squeezed a little the sleeve would slide around on the bolt.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thanks for the feed back. The noises I hear are the sudden type, like where the road/ground gives away and the shocks have to respond quickly. I've triple checked the torque on the nuts/bolts, heck that aren't that many ;-)

I wonder if I should have a shop inspect my work...

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
Has anyone set the ford performance kit to the 2.5” setting?

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Has anyone set the ford performance kit to the 2.5” setting?
I request mine be set at the 2.5” setting, however, since I did not do the install, I am at the mercy of the Ford tech who installed them, I do trust they were set properly though.

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
I request mine be set at the 2.5” setting, however, since I did not do the install, I am at the mercy of the Ford tech who installed them, I do trust they were set properly though.
Snap a pic of the lower portion of the strut. We would be able to see the lower groove

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Snap a pic of the lower portion of the strut. We would be able to see the lower groove
Ford F-150 2021-2023 F-150 Ford Performance Leveling Kit (by Bilstein) is released 1FFB5949-E189-4E18-AF6C-A97A4297D913

I’m not an expert, but I think there’s something missing.

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
I can’t say it’s 100% fact, but that looks to me that they are on the original groove they are assembled in. That means it’s the 2” setting.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I can’t say it’s 100% fact, but that looks to me that they are on the original groove they are assembled in. That means it’s the 2” setting.

Man that is disappointing, I kind of had a feeling, I’m sure the dealership will make it right, going to email this to Ford Performance and see what they say, does anyone have a picture of 2.5” installed or what the instructions show for reference so I have some hard evidence to show them?
Sponsored