Sponsored

Let's discuss vehicle feature settings....

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Here are two that I'm wondering about today.....

Mirrors - Auto Fold Feature on Locking: Do you have them set to auto fold in when you lock the truck? I had this turned on with my old car (a sedan). It was a nice way to know if the vehicle was locked, even checking from a far. But, with the Tremor, being so large, I have to fold the mirrors in to enter my garage. Since I'm using them all the time for the garage, I haven't turned the auto fold on locking on yet....sort of wondering about if this would be using them too much.

Exit Assist (or whatever it's called): I have a feature where when I turn off the truck, the seat goes all the way back. This is the fist vehicle where I don't have it all the way back under normal operation. The truck defaulted to this setting, but just as with the above, will it just wear out a lot faster if I keep this on and it's used all the time?
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I think Auto-Fold is meant to be used all the time. Think about all the times in a single day that a person goes to and from work and having to park in tight spots. Add that to shopping, lunch, other work site visits etc etc and this means a lot of times the Fold feature is being used daily. But like anything mechanically driven, these things don't last forever.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Part of the reason I purchased a 10 year Ford PremiumCare ESP is so that I can (and do) use all the features on my truck as I wish without hesitation or concern about component failure.

Not that I expect the motors you mention to fail from 'normal use' (I don't), but IF they do, they're covered for a very long time, likely as long as I'll own this truck.

@WalterMitty , how long do you realistically expect to own your Tremor?

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Part of the reason I purchased a 10 year Ford PremiumCare ESP is so that I can (and do) use all the features on my truck as I wish without hesitation or concern about component failure.

Not that I expect the motors you mention to fail from 'normal use' (I don't), but IF they do, they're covered for a very long time, likely as long as I'll own this truck.

@WalterMitty , how long do you realistically expect to own your Tremor?
I typically keep my cars about 10 years. The one exception was the hand me down car for the kid drivers (still have my 2006 Toyota Tundra for that). But since we are soon to be empty nesters, 10 years is our typical cycle.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I had the auto exit turned on in my 09 Lariat. I traded it in last November with 245k miles. The auto exit was still working fine. Like Buyer, I also purchased the 10 year extended warranty. I might not need it, but everything on this Platinum is electronic.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I typically keep my cars about 10 years. The one exception was the hand me down car for the kid drivers (still have my 2006 Toyota Tundra for that). But since we are soon to be empty nesters, 10 years is our typical cycle.
Gotchya.

Just FYI a motorized component that finally failed on my 2005 F150 was the driver's power window; the motor itself didn't fail but the gears in the mechanism did, that after ~12 years. Fortunately an aftermarket Dorman 'window regulator assembly with motor' was an easy and relatively inexpensive DIY remedy.

IMO it's impossible to foresee what will fail and how/why, that makes the game of 'limiting use to minimize failure risk' a somewhat silly exercise.

IF inclined to go the ESP route, check Granger Ford for a quote ... great folks and competitive prices.

Good Luck and enjoy your Tremor!

Last edited:

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
My "Auto" features are all off.

Mirrors - I need them folded in to Enter/Exit my garage, so if I had them set to auto, they would fold out just to have me need to fold them back in to back out of the garage...I just push the button and fold when and where I want them to.

Easy Exit - I think the feature is too slow and annoying. I wan the seat where I need it, and it's easy to get in/out anyway, so I don't see the point or need for it. The memory settings are nice though, to be able to have a couple of different positions saved, since my wife is shorter than me, and my son is taller than me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
My "Auto" features are all off.

Mirrors - I need them folded in to Enter/Exit my garage, so if I had them set to auto, they would fold out just to have me need to fold them back in to back out of the garage...I just push the button and fold when and where I want them to.

Easy Exit - I think the feature is too slow and annoying. I wan the seat where I need it, and it's easy to get in/out anyway, so I don't see the point or need for it. The memory settings are nice though, to be able to have a couple of different positions saved, since my wife is shorter than me, and my son is taller than me.

You make good points on both. But I wish my wife's car had Easy Exit. I drive her car a little bit, and I can't even get in it without moving the seat back first....she's a good bit shorter than I am.

130 Ghost_Riders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
I park outside most of the time but every so often I am able to park in my garage. I have found that with the auto fold on if you fold the mirrors manually they don’t automatically unfold when you get back in later.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I have both features turned on. I wish the auto fold option would leave the mirrors folded in until the engine is started. I don't see a need for them to open back up otherwise. If I unlock my truck to grab something out of it, I don't need the mirrors to fold out.

Reactions: EBR

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
They need to add the ability to adjust what settings you'd like to activate with this. I don't like the seat moving, but it'd be nice to slightly raise the wheel a little bit and pull it in. Even for shorter drivers -- I mean they don't have the legs to deal so seat movement just seems more like a feature to try and sell it. It's not very practical IMO.