Sponsored

Little Beefs with various features....

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Only owned the truck for 4 days, but so far here's my "beefs"....

The shifter seems a little too close to the center armrest. Not a big deal (that's why it's a little beef), but it seems a little tight.

The wiper stalk seems like it should have been on the right side. I like the clean look of nothing on the right side, but with the wiper control being on the left, you can't use the quick up or down of the stalk for a quick windshield wipe....you will just engage the turn signal. Is there even a way to engage a quick wipe without twisting the knob on and off?

That's all for now.
Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Only owned the truck for 4 days, but so far here's my "beefs"....

The shifter seems a little too close to the center armrest. Not a big deal (that's why it's a little beef), but it seems a little tight.

The wiper stalk seems like it should have been on the right side. I like the clean look of nothing on the right side, but with the wiper control being on the left, you can't use the quick up or down of the stalk for a quick windshield wipe....you will just engage the turn signal. Is there even a way to engage a quick wipe without twisting the knob on and off?

That's all for now.
For a quick wipe you press the end of the stalk inward.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
doesn't that engage the windshield washing sprayers?

or do you somehow avoid the end of stalk button, and push the stalk in?
Just tap in briefly for a single wipe, press and hold for a second or two to spray.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
just as an FYI, the wiper stalk has been on the left side of F150s for as long as I can remember. Otherwise the column shift trucks and console shift trucks would have wiper stalks on the opposite sides, and then console shift trucks would then have just a turn signal stalk on the left with nothing else done by that stalk.

I do also wish the console shifter was an inch further forward when in D though as it would make a better resting spot for my hand. My 17 was perfect in that aspect.

Sponsored

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I think the only vehicle I've ever owned that had the wiper stalk on the RH side was an 05 Tundra. GMs and Fords were all on the left.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
First world problems really suck :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
wiper, cruise, signals have been on the turn stick since the early 80s on so many cars.
It is where I expect the controls to be.
putting a wiper switch on the right is just annoying to me.

Just bought her a ‘17 Explorer. Seems that wiper switch is pissing her off as well. Since I’ve been in my F150 a couple of years now, I’ve gotten used to the column shift. She and I both notice something to the right of the column and try to shift into or out of park.

That wiper switch is annoying as hell to me.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 2015 GMC Canyon had a dedicated wiper stalk on the right. I got used to it and missed it when I got my F150, but now I'm used to the combined stalk on the left. Just takes a few weeks of driving to form a habit.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Just tap in briefly for a single wipe, press and hold for a second or two to spray.
Thanks for sharing this, had no idea you could press quickly for a single wipe. I've been twisting mine on and off for a single wipe for over a year. Absolutely no markings or directions on the stalk itself :mad:

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for sharing this, had no idea you could press quickly for a single wipe. I've been twisting mine on and off for a single wipe for over a year. Absolutely no markings or directions on the stalk itself :mad:
I agree...it could be marked better. I guess they can only fit so much on a single stalk? 🤷

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I agree...it could be marked better. I guess they can only fit so much on a single stalk? 🤷
I'm sure someone could come up with a simple label. I defer UX decisions to people much smarter than me in my DTD role 😋

Also, this isn't even listed in the manual. Just searched through the 2022 version and there's nothing to be found.

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Yup. I' only owned mine for a few days when I started this thread, and was doing the same as you were doing when I was in a light rain. The whole time I was just thinking that this can't be right.

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
My 2015 GMC Canyon had a dedicated wiper stalk on the right. I got used to it and missed it when I got my F150, but now I'm used to the combined stalk on the left. Just takes a few weeks of driving to form a habit.
I'm coming from a Lexus sedan, and it had the right side stalk, and it was very easy to bump it up (or maybe it was down) for a singe wipe, or hold it to keep them going as long as you wanted.

Now that I know how to operate this on me new F150, I prefer the clean look of having nothing on the right. Nothing in the way of the start/stop button.