Sponsored

Door leather protection from dagger-nailed toddler?

ryant601

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500, 2022 F150 King Ranch ordered
So I've got a 20 month old that often times loves to scratch things, and seeing as my KR has leather along the door within easy reach - was wondering if anyone uses some sort of protection on that area that would prevent scratching the leather when he sits in his car seat?
Sponsored

OP
OP

ryant601

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500, 2022 F150 King Ranch ordered
Better get ready! They're easy to forgive and thankfully yours still succumbs to the straight jacket, I'm lucky if mine lets me put a diaper on.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Oh mine are behind this age, that was just a google image and an attempt to get a little laugh out of you. Luckily mine don't scratch anymore, but if I can't get my 7yr old to keep her damn hands off of my head liner, she might go back into the straight jacket.

I can't specifically help you, but I would think that as long as you keep the leather conditioned, and his nails clipped short, you should be ok.

Or move him to the center.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Plastidip the entire interior after lining with 10 mil plastic sheet floor protection. My Pit Bull was gentle on my 2013 SHO back seat and the leather was 100% perfect until….

I had kids.

Once you realize that the new smell is getting worse by every warm day that occurs, and then after you tear the entire truck apart, you find that the base has 1 month of infant urine, clabbered milk, and Froot Loops gluing the car seat base to your saddle leather seats, you will never ever feel this way again.

Think of the psycho-technique of bombarding someone by fear, locking them in a room of snakes for days, to cure them if their fear of snakes. That’s what children do to you and your vehicle.

Sponsored

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
Move the car seat to the center. That is the safest place to be.

Just wait a couple years until he wants to borrow your KR for homecoming or prom…

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Move the car seat to the center. That is the safest place to be.
Is it though? I feel like if this was true, there were be center anchor points. That being said, I do have my forward facing toddler in the middle seat...

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
I use these for my dog. They stay in when he decides to jump up on the door to look out.

Car Door Protector | Set of 2 Fits Any Vehicle Pet Dog Car Door Cover Guard Doors Anti Scratch Waterproof Safe Large Dogs Claws Travel Back Window Nails Scratching Covers Hammock Seat Shield Paws Protection Cloth Auto Protectoe Rear Non-Slip Proof PetEvo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XY8WPF...t_i_CAS5NGJVZ6TAKPCW3EY4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored