First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
There is very little price difference between an optioned out Lariat 502a and a platinum.
I have an optioned out Lariat with the 502A package. Still, no messaging seats , work surface or wireless phone charger. They want you to buy a Maverick or King Ranch and above for that
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Ford Foray

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
I don't think the seats are a gimmick personally. I have only heard good things about them, and a friend of mine had two F-150 Lariats and just got a 2021 Limited, and said the seats are fantastic. They are the only thing about the trim levels above Lariat that is even remotely appealing. I just can't get over the exterior looks on those trim levels, certain aspects of them at least. Any time I see them on the road they just look like a combination of boring and yet somehow still ostentatious, I think it's the giant tailgate badges and that. Again though, that's just me. Everyone has opinions and likes/dislikes, why chrome packages and sport packages and 22" wheels and 18" wheels and everything in between continue to be there generation after generation.
Don't get me wrong, if I had a long commute/frequent distant vacations I would definitely consider the massage seats for blood flow and circulation. But as a city driver it would be a feature I would use maybe once in a while. The exterior looks for me are 'generally' ok, with the biggest issue definitely being the tailgate badge and the deployable running boards (the '21 boards are SUPER loud compared to the older ones). The other package stuff seems fairly interchangeable to me, because you can swap grills/tires/bumpers or wrap them.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Don't get me wrong, if I had a long commute/frequent distant vacations I would definitely consider the massage seats for blood flow and circulation. But as a city driver it would be a feature I would use maybe once in a while. The exterior looks for me are 'generally' ok, with the biggest issue definitely being the tailgate badge and the deployable running boards (the '21 boards are SUPER loud compared to the older ones). The other package stuff seems fairly interchangeable to me, because you can swap grills/tires/bumpers or wrap them.
Ah yeah. I am a big fan of the power running boards though, haha. Although this gen they are a mix of better and worse. My 2019 power running boards came down further and were quieter. I got them because we had, at the time, a 2 and 4 year old and they were better able to get into the truck themselves over the years since it came down further than the static boards.

My 2021 power running boards are better in that they are longer and have the kick button so you can put them up/down from outside the truck easily, but they don't come down as far. The kids are much taller so not critical, but I think Ford lost one of the key advantages.

I don't notice the noise any longer. Not sure if I am just used to it, or if they quiet down as they break in, or maybe both. I am definitely still a fan of them though.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I have an optioned out Lariat with the 502A package. Still, no messaging seats , work surface or wireless phone charger. They want you to buy a Maverick or King Ranch and above for that
My Lariat has work surface, that is an option for XLT as well.

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
My Lariat has work surface, that is an option for XLT as well.
I bought mine off the lot because it was the 502a package and it had the sunroof and B&O unleashed system.
surprised a $72,000 truck doesn't come with a wireless charger but the Maverick does.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Ford Foray

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
Ah yeah. I am a big fan of the power running boards though, haha. Although this gen they are a mix of better and worse. My 2019 power running boards came down further and were quieter. I got them because we had, at the time, a 2 and 4 year old and they were better able to get into the truck themselves over the years since it came down further than the static boards.

My 2021 power running boards are better in that they are longer and have the kick button so you can put them up/down from outside the truck easily, but they don't come down as far. The kids are much taller so not critical, but I think Ford lost one of the key advantages.

I don't notice the noise any longer. Not sure if I am just used to it, or if they quiet down as they break in, or maybe both. I am definitely still a fan of them though.
I definitely understand. The one I ordered comes with angular step bars but I like the deployable ones for the older folks like my grandparents and older aunts/uncles. Plus the deployable ones make the vehicle extra refined lol. Maybe you're right in regards to the sound becoming something which you can grow accustomed to. The only times i've seen them have been dealer lots on test drives in short periods.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I'm pretty sure the head liner is black. At least on a Lariat it is. Hope that's some consolation.
On the sport yes, but if you don’t get the sport then it is grey.

OP
OP
First Ford Foray

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
On the sport yes, but if you don’t get the sport then it is grey.
are you sure you’re looking at the Lariat? The headliner is either Black(and sport/chrome packages) or gray(only available with the stone interior)

ryken

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Sport; '19 Honda Odyssey
Your list is missing power running boards and the 360 Active 2.0 package. The Active 2.0 package is the hands-free driving "BlueCruise" package, but it also adds the active park assist and, on the Lariat, it also adds the front parking sensors. I have a 502A without the Active 2.0, and the 360 camera is more than enough for me when parking, but the front sensors would be nice too, and it's weird they didn't include them on the 502A.

OP
OP
First Ford Foray

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
Your list is missing power running boards and the 360 Active 2.0 package. The Active 2.0 package is the hands-free driving "BlueCruise" package, but it also adds the active park assist and, on the Lariat, it also adds the front parking sensors. I have a 502A without the Active 2.0, and the 360 camera is more than enough for me when parking, but the front sensors would be nice too, and it's weird they didn't include them on the 502A.
Meh, those are alright. The front parking sensors are the only thing I kinda 'miss' but hearing that the 360 camera is enough works for me. The hands free driving is a pass for me. I like driving myself and I don't want to pay extra for it.

Sponsored

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Form the other side of the coin (biased because I got the Platinum obviously) the massage seats were something I thought was a gimmick but they’re a godsend on any drive over an hour. I was surprisingly refreshed during 3 long road trips in the last month thanks to the massage seats and co-pilot stuff.

I can also vouch for getting used to the running board noise. It is loud but I don’t notice it anymore. However if you’re prone to sneaking out late at night, the powerboost noises and power running boards will certI my ruin you’re ninja/stealth “operator” cred!

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
I went with a loaded up lariat because the color I wanted was not offered in trim levels above it.
Sponsored