Lariat 502A BAP vs Platinum 701A

Loaded Lariat vs Base Platinum

• Total voters

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Lariat and platinum seats aren't much different unless MCS is a factor (outside of looks). Typically lay flat seats are different up top in other trims with adjustable wings. I don't think we've seen what a lariat layflat seat consists of yet.
One other significant negative of the non-PowerBoost Lariat is that the 2.0kw ProPower Onboard does not appear to be available based on the online configurator tool.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
One other significant negative of the non-PowerBoost Lariat is that the 2.0kw ProPower Onboard does not appear to be available based on the online configurator tool.
Personally I'd only get it in the powerboost motor. The 2.0 system is laughably bad. The inverter puts out dirty power and is on its knees at 1,500 watts.. Not an issue with the powerboost.

OP
OP
Abraham5G

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
I ended up getting a leftover 2023 701A Platinum in January 2024. It has issues with the parking sensors, and many other small quality issues. It's spent more time at the dealership to repair the sensors than I've had it in my possession.

Ford F-150 Lariat 502A BAP vs Platinum 701A 20240217_180744

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Personally I'd only get it in the powerboost motor. The 2.0 system is laughably bad. The inverter puts out dirty power and is on its knees at 1,500 watts.. Not an issue with the powerboost.
You're opening up a can of worms with the non-hybrid vs hybrid debate and I'm not going to go there right now... :ROFLMAO:

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm getting closer and closer to placing an order for a 2024 SuperCew with a 6.5 ft. bed in the base Platinum trim.

I went through the options and caught the distinction between the XL9/XL6 and XL5/XL7 axles which wasn't clear on Ford's build and price configurator.

What drove me to the Platinum trim versus the Lariat trim initially was the better headlight (LED projectors) and the better seat. But upon further review, I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. It appears the Lariat trim uses LED projector headlights as a standard feature now. Also, the Max Recline Seat is an option in the Lariat High (502A) package but it's completely unavailable in the base Platinum trim (701A) package.

Are the Max Recline Seats in the Lariat High (502A) package the same as those in the Platinum High (702A) package?

There are a few other things I like about the Lariat trim:
- Fixing running boards tend to be more reliable than the power deployable running boards
- 5.0 Coyote V8 - although we intend on purchasing an Expedition Max a few years after this F150 and I wouldn't mind keeping the powertrain similar
The two things that drove me to 701A were the 157” WB with black trim and massage seats.

Would have loved to have the HUD but the BAP-type look was the big one for me and you can’t get that in the long box Lariat.
Sponsored