Lariat Power Running Boards

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
You are correct on the ICE version. So far they are not on the Lightning. I believe once the redesign is done and they are no longer on "Late Availability" I believe they will be added as standard equipment to the Platinum and show up as an option on the Lariat on the customer order page.

As far as the new lighting is concerned on the current Lightning running boards, I believe that lighting and redesign is what will be added to the auto deployable running board.
Ah sorry I was jumping between threads and missed that this was about the Lightning.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

BEMOH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Prius PHEV, F150 Lightning
The dealer has to add them. They are not on the online build and price. Only available on Lariat and Platinum.

I went lariat with ER but didn't even have the dealer select option.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I forget which YouTube video I was watching (Sandy Munro's second look at the lightning? Not sure).

They were saying that the non-retractible running boards on the lightning had been specially designed to reduce drag. Probably partially responsible why the Platinum trim has lower range. (That, and the bigger tires).

Sponsored

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
Just called up your dealer and said "can you add powered running boards to my order?" Did they inform of any delay to your build?
I sent an email that said "hi, I just submitted the order and it's waiting for you to accept. Also, please add 18A and 96J because I will want deployable running boards and retractable tonneau cover. I am aware it might delay the order and that's fine. Thanks"

I got an updated Ford build sheet the next day. Super easy to work with.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Looks like the images of this Lariat in stone gray possibly has the power running boards. Seems like it's not as clean looking as the power running boards on my '21 f-150 powerboost, but it's better than without. Maybe they didn't want to show any demo trucks with power running boards since it highlights how much stuff is under the truck compared to the ICE f-150s (battery plus front and rear motors)?

https://fordauthority.com/2021/12/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-lariat-in-stone-gray-live-gallery/

1647977574234.png

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I think it was like $225 for the power-deployable option. basically free…
Since they've stopped taking new orders for MY22, I'm wondering if they'll include any MY22 with the power running boards. Would be weird for them to accept a couple and not deliver any of the Platinum's with it, especially if the rumors are true of late-summer orders for EOY delivery for MY23. You ok if it delays you until end of year?

Anyway, it's all speculation I suppose.

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER (ordered)
I just added mine in SoCal and it came to $255 for some reason.

My dealer isn't charging me ADM so I'm not going to fuss over $30 bucks...

Reactions: GDN

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL350
shouldn't they be free since they were supposed to be standard issue. Was the $225 for the cover or the running boards? Didn't the op add both?

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was $255 for running boards on my Lariat ER.

I don't remember them being standard on the Lariat. Maybe they were/are for the Platinum, though. Regardless, they aren't free anymore :)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
shouldn't they be free since they were supposed to be standard issue. Was the $225 for the cover or the running boards? Didn't the op add both?
Do you have something that says they were supposed to be standard issue? I know they are on ICE Platinums and we expect they should have been on the Lightning, but I've never seen it in writing. Since they are late availability and Ford was working to keep that price under $80K for the Lariat I believe, they just designed and added the board we have and decided to add some mark up for the Power Deployable. They are listed in all of the order guides, but do note Late Availability and the price of $225 or $255 - somewhere in there. Which is indeed a cheap upgrade. Just wish they were available.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honestly, at $255 there isn't much meat on the bone beyond paying the labor to attach them. As someone mentioned earlier they're basically "free" at that price.
Sponsored