Power Running Boards

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
What's everyone's thoughts on power deployable running boards? I have them on my Expedition and I don't love them. They get caked in snow and ice and I find them a bit slower to deploy than I'd like. It's also one more moving part that eventually will likely fail. I tried leaving them "fully deployed" but they look awful on the Expedition. I'm assuming it is an option to keep them always deployed on the F150? Does anyone keep them always deployed?
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Unless I have issues climbing in, I am going to choose to leave mine up all the time. I ordered a Platinum, so no choice in the matter. I have heard that are very noisy and open and close often when your within proximity. I am out and around my truck a lot and I don't need that annoyance.

If there is a setting that puts them down only when I touch the door or use the keyfob to unlock the doors, that I could possibly live with.

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Unless I have issues climbing in, I am going to choose to leave mine up all the time. I ordered a Platinum, so no choice in the matter. I have heard that are very noisy and open and close often when your within proximity. I am out and around my truck a lot and I don't need that annoyance.

If there is a setting that puts them down only when I touch the door or use the keyfob to unlock the doors, that I could possibly live with.
I absolutely love mine. Zero problems. I've had them on the last 4 trucks I've owned.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I absolutely love mine. Zero problems. I've had them on the last 4 trucks I've owned.
I sounded like an old grumpy gus, which I am certainly not. I should have said: have static running boards on my Tacoma and I don't use them to get in and out. I may leave the power boards up, if I don't find them useful to me. While I have read good things about the boards on previous models, I have not read a ton of good comments on the 2021 version. If there is a setting for me to tell the truck to lower them, without the truck deciding to do it on its own, I may give that a try.

My wife, who just happened to walk by and read over my shoulder just informed me that both she and our kids use the running boards. So, that is that...I suppose. :)

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I’ve had both, and liked both for different reasons. I think the power ones are really useful on a lifted truck as they drop lower. I like static ones just because I live in the door-ding capital of the world, and I think they help in that respect.
Sponsored