Sponsored

Lane Centering randomly shutting off

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I was having issues with my BC and took it in to the dealer. They stated that one of my front cameras had lost calibration so they reprogrammed it.

Maybe the same thing is causing issues with some of the lane centering as well?

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
You have a point. I admit that the first time I saw a response with official Ford representation, I was impressed! I also thought it was brilliant on Ford's part.
But as time has gone on there isn't any evidence that it is an asset or legitimate help that is implied.
That's a real disappointment because it is a negative reflection rather than the huge opportunity of goodwill between Ford and consumer.

After posting my issues on here and I sent my vin to the ford reps response she's been nothing but helpful and doing everything possible to alleviate the current situation going on w my truck.
I also had the lane centering issue shutting off and some other glitches going on about the same time someone posted the "check your fuse box" thread. I would say all of my fuses were not properly seated in what I felt was all the way because they did move in futher. But I have had no issues with lane centering and all the other glitches since then.
Now if ford could just get the GD glove box light to shut off when closed that'd be great!!!!

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I also think it may have something to do with the roads and their condition. When I drove back from PA to MN, after my break in, I used blue cruise almost the entire way without issue that was primarily interstate highways. Now that I'm home I still notice no issues on the interstates, few issues on four lane highways but when I get to the CO roads I live off there is definitely more jumping around between the different cruise settings. It also appears that snow can affect it as well at least that's been my experience. I will say I never thought I would use BC but I have really come to like it.

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
My Lane Centering just suddenly shut off while driving on a highway today, but this time I managed to capture a DTC associated with it:

Ford F-150 Lane Centering randomly shutting off Capture

This tells me this is indeed a software issue in the IPMA (Image Processing Module A) that handles lane centering. @Ford Motor Company - Are you still monitoring this thread ? If so, can you forward this fault message to your dev team to look at it ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
My Lane Centering just crashed on me while driving on a highway today, but this time I managed to capture a DTC associated with it:

View attachment 36729

This tells me this is indeed a software issue in the IPMA (Image Processing Module A) that handles lane centering. @Ford Motor Company - Are you still monitoring this thread ? If so, can you forward this fault message to your dev team to look at it ?
That's the best info we've seen yet..

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Further update on this issue. I looked up this DTC code in Ford's PTS but the explanation to this issue is rather vague:

Ford F-150 Lane Centering randomly shutting off Capture.JPG

Bottom line is, Ford is aware of this DTC and should you take your truck in for diagnosis, they would be presented with the very same info as I am posting here.

Feel free to review this and make your own conclusions

OP
OP
apMechorse

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I'm having this issue too - anyone get it fixed yet?
Not yet. I'm hoping this is one of the MANY things that the OTA updates will address once I get the stuck 1.7.1 update forced through sometime next month.

It's only been a year, it's silly and selfish of us to assume that Ford would have delivered exactly what we paid for by now.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
They're really awesome trucks if/when everything is working as designed.
It's possible to not wait on Ford to get OTA sorted, but it'll co$t out of pocket.

Sponsored

OP
OP
apMechorse

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
They're really awesome trucks if/when everything is working as designed.
It's possible to not wait on Ford to get OTA sorted, but it'll co$t out of pocket.
I did all the updates that were available to me as of 2 months ago, but my gateway module and my Sync won't update. I'm sure there are other updates available by now, however I'm not spending another $50 for something that should have been free to begin with.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I totally respect that approach.

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I had this issue on my 2021 Job 1 truck. On my 2022 PowerBoost, I drove it from Dallas to StLouis and back (roughly 1200 miles roundtrip) and the lane centering as well as BlueCruise worked like a charm! I am pretty sure this is a software issue, that has been hopefully fixed by the latest set of BC activation updates (especially update to the IPMA module)
Sponsored