Sponsored

Audio upgrade - KICKER KEY & HS10?

EcoBeastCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 402A
So the new vaunted B&O system sounds inferior to the old Sony system in my 2016, IMO. I bought a truck with the 8-speaker setup because I sat in a Plat and listened to the 18-speaker, and I barely noticed a difference. Certainly not enough to warrant spending extra on it.

I had originally planned to use my FordPass points to buy the factory Kicker sub setup because I like plug-and-play, however after reading several threads it seems the factory sub is NOT compatible with the B&O. So much for that.

The plan now is to get a back board from Sounds Good Stereo, a KEY 200.4, and the HS10. I need to install emergency equipment behind the seat as well so I'm trying to stay away from a big setup, and I don't want panel-shaking bass anyway. Any thoughts if this would be a good upgrade on the stock speakers, or should I look at speakers as well?
Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoBeastCA

EcoBeastCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 402A
Oh, I should probably mention that I have Pro Power onboard and so have the big ass battery under the driver's side rear seat (bummer cause that's where my tow straps went) and I CAN'T take up any floor space as I need it regularly for carrying equipment and gear.

OP
OP
EcoBeastCA

EcoBeastCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 402A
Not sure why you'd need the back board. I have the key mounted in my glove box and the HS10 goes under the rear seat.
As I mentioned in my second post (I probably should have added that as an edit to my first one!) I need all the floor space available for carrying capacity.

How do you feel the combo of the two improved your system, did you retain the factory speakers? Are you happy with the results or do you wish you went further with it?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yes, the 200.4 will do amazing on a good set of front components. The HS10 is a HUGE seller, and works out perfect for a small powered sub. Probably easier, and more accessible that the OEM Ford powered 8"

Sounds Good is a great start, great guys!

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
It looks as though you have the B and O system but not the unleashed. Thus I'd give the guys at sounds good a call.

My factory system was just the 7 speaker system. I did the kicker key along with HS10 and I'm very satisfied with it. I also changed out all the speakers to Focal's along with installing sound deadening and the block off plates for the front doors. It's not a tournament system but for my listening it works very very well.

As I mentioned in my second post (I probably should have added that as an edit to my first one!) I need all the floor space available for carrying capacity.

How do you feel the combo of the two improved your system, did you retain the factory speakers? Are you happy with the results or do you wish you went further with it?
Sponsored