Sponsored

"Key not detected" unable to start truck. Backup position under cupholder doesn't work either.

Tmac

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Powerboost
Just got VM that truck is fixed - that they had to replace the body control module. My service lead is off work with the flu, will have to try and get up there and see if there is anything else noted in terms of fix(es) since there was also the recurring "Tire Pressure Monitor fault" error.
Sponsored

Tmac

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Powerboost
Arrived at dealership, made contact with a service manager I had not interacted with before. Went over the paperwork. Noted quickly that they did nothing about the Tire Monitor error (said they couldn't replicate it - even though it was on when I dropped the truck off and I showed it to them). Their solution to the key fob issue was replacement of the "Body Control Module". So, I get the key fob back (am told that the second fob is "probably in the truck"). Then I get pointed to a general section of the dealership parking lot and told that it's "over there". SO, I head "over there" and see a truck that looks like mine, so I click the fob to confirm. No response from that truck, so I look around a little, don't see any other similar trucks, so I look back at the first and notice the decal in the rear window as I continue to get closer. Definitely my truck, and definitely not recognizing the fob at all! Go back to service bays, find service manager, walk him back to "over there" and show him. He was suitably embarrassed and apologetic and goes to get me a loaner (brand new '23 5.0 crew cab Lariat). No word yet on what may or may not have gone/be wrong...

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Arrived at dealership, made contact with a service manager I had not interacted with before. Went over the paperwork. Noted quickly that they did nothing about the Tire Monitor error (said they couldn't replicate it - even though it was on when I dropped the truck off and I showed it to them). Their solution to the key fob issue was replacement of the "Body Control Module". So, I get the key fob back (am told that the second fob is "probably in the truck"). Then I get pointed to a general section of the dealership parking lot and told that it's "over there". SO, I head "over there" and see a truck that looks like mine, so I click the fob to confirm. No response from that truck, so I look around a little, don't see any other similar trucks, so I look back at the first and notice the decal in the rear window as I continue to get closer. Definitely my truck, and definitely not recognizing the fob at all! Go back to service bays, find service manager, walk him back to "over there" and show him. He was suitably embarrassed and apologetic and goes to get me a loaner (brand new '23 5.0 crew cab Lariat). No word yet on what may or may not have gone/be wrong...
Man you got the FOrd Red Carpet treatment. Typically after they F it up so bad they tell you it must have been something you did and no they have no loaners.. youll have to walk home.

Tmac

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Powerboost
Just heard from original Svc Manager - they believe they have it fixed, but are going to keep checking it until tomorrow. Said they replaced the TPM Control module - the one that controls the tire pressure monitor sensors - allegedly the original body control (fobs) and the TMPS modules operated on the same radio frequency... I'll update once I have it back.
Sponsored