Sponsored

Anyone else getting key not detected errors?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So the dealership had my truck for a couple weeks. They found my problem was a faulty wire or module in the backseat area. It caused interference with the main chip reader under cup holder and said if I had put my keys on the backseat it would have recognized my key. I don’t know the validity of that diagnosis/repair but they said it hadn’t happened to them since the repair. I picked my truck up yesterday so we shall see of that was the root of my problem.
Hi Barry! Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and mileage so I can look into this connection issue for you?
Sponsored

dgood13

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150
Occupation
Telecommunications
Click on the name then click on start chat
I've been having this issue a lot when it was warm outside. But the other day it was only 73° and it happened... not as bad when it was hot out but it wouldnt let me start the truck for a second and then not into gear once it started.. dealer is suppose to be calling me but no one can fix the issue. Last time they say they replaced the radios for the remotes.. i even recorded videos of it not working.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
No, I don't mean normal ones because the battery is dead. I just got my 2021 10 days ago, have had this happen multiple times when the key is in the car. Odd thing is though I am pretty sure it has never happened when one key is in the car. Only when both keys are in the car at the same time because my wife has one in her purse and I have one in my pocket. I am pretty sure it has never happened without her key in the car as well
I have a 21 PB Platinum . Among the issues i have are key not detected when i remote start vehicle and add 15 minutes to run time . Somehow car gets propulsion but .. no power to steering though steering unlocks and this is of course dangerous. Only way to get it to the "ready" state is slowly backup or go forward and back until gas engine triggers on then steering comes back .sometimes like today i had to put key in magic slot beneath drink holder. Wasted about 20 minutes at airport today trying to get the truck started .

Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I had my wife take the second key out of her purse a while back and I still get the extremely often, even when I am the only person in the vehicle.
Solved that by hiding second key in a faraday pouch deep inside center console

OP
OP

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
The dealer changed a module that required the headliner to be removed. No idea what it was and no idea if it worked because by the time they changed it it was too cold outside so it wouldn't give the error anyway. I won't know until the summer and by that time I will be over the KM on my warranty and they made no promise to fix it for free if it still didn't work after what they did when it gets hot outside again. Ridiculous
Sponsored