• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It's Oct. 26. Sound off if you visited your dealer today.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
You can still transfer your reservation.

Oh wait, no you can't, everyone (but me) should just cancel in protest right now ;)

From the reservation details page today:
You can change your dealer or cancel your reservation at any time. To change your dealer, please call 1-800-334-4375. If you choose to cancel your reservation, your deposit will be credited back to you in your original form of payment.

Edit: There are reports that some dealers have been advised to avoid accepting more reservations but that does not mean that you still cannot transfer elsewhere.
True, you can change dealers. Two challenges, many of your alternative dealers may not agree to selling at retail and changing dealers may negatively impact your delivery date depending on dealer allocation.
Sponsored

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That person kept ignoring those of us who successfully transferred, sometimes multiple times. I wouldn't take anything they say with even a grain of salt.
Who said they couldn’t change dealers?

BigKenny

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
True, you can change dealers. Two challenges, many of your alternative dealers may not agree to selling at retail and changing dealers may negatively impact your delivery date depending on dealer allocation.
Yeah I called three times and it rang for like 30 minutes and then just sent me to a survey. It's easier for me to just cancel this one and get a new one since there is no quick and easy way for me to transfer.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Yeah I called three times and it rang for like 30 minutes and then just sent me to a survey. It's easier for me to just cancel this one and get a new one since there is no quick and easy way for me to transfer.
Yesterday I called 1-800-334-4375 which is the number the reservation web page says to call to change dealers or cancel your reservation. I successfully changed my Dealer to one that confirmed no ADM in five minutes. Easy peasy.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yesterday I called 1-800-334-4375 which is the number the reservation web page says to call to change dealers or cancel your reservation. I successfully changed my Dealer to one that confirmed no ADM in five minutes. Easy peasy.
I waited on hold for at least 20 minutes going through menus on Saturday before it told me they were closed. Then on the 25th, my hold time was approximately 30 - 45 minutes going through two different people. Once I talked to the right person, it was relatively easy.

That said, the Ford rep congratulated my on my Bronco reservation and said I am going to love the removable doors, and the Ford dealer congratulated me on my Maverick reservation. I had to call the dealer back to confirm I had a “Lightning Reservation”. I received the $100 credit back a few days later.

The biggest challenge is reaching out to various dealers to confirm:

- who will offer you confirmed terms (MSRP, no ADM)
- allocation status (I asked the sales rep two days ago, no response)

This process is a cluster.

Sponsored

Akovia

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 Tundra, ‘16 Kia Soul EV, ‘14 Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Experienced
I stopped in at Banner Ford in Louisiana today. I asked a lot of questions. Don't need to list them. The answer to every one was, "We don't know." Lol. Anyone else visit their dealer today?
Exactly my experience?

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When I was waiting for my truck the dealer called me once a week or at least every ten days on info they had. It most of the time was not much. They did state they always are told when it gets put on a transport so I would have 4 to 5 days before it got to dealer. Ford did not tell the dealer. They called and said, "Guess what. We have a red truck here today." They were surprised they were not told it was coming.
18 weeks to the day. It has been a blast driving that truck. I really like my Rapid Red Truck!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I waited on hold for at least 20 minutes going through menus on Saturday before it told me they were closed. Then on the 25th, my hold time was approximately 30 - 45 minutes going through two different people. Once I talked to the right person, it was relatively easy.
Not sure why you called on Saturday. The hours are clearly stated where the phone number is listed on the website.
https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/reservation-information/#faqs

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375, hours of operation is M-F 8AM - 8PM EST, for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure why you called on Saturday. The hours are clearly stated where the phone number is listed on the website.
https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/reservation-information/#faqs

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375, hours of operation is M-F 8AM - 8PM EST, for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.
Because I got the number from a post on this forum….you seem concerned about the strangest things. Why didn’t you post the hours before I placed the call?

Normally, if you call a place that is closed, you get a “we are closed message”, not a routing that keeps you on the phone for an extended period.

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
Save your trip to your dealer....delay is caused by poor chain supply of the iconic daytime running light. It is CROOKED! LOL
Ford F-150 Lightning It's Oct. 26. Sound off if you visited your dealer today. Screenshot_20211101-172833_Chrome