• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Choosing your dealer

Coacher

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 3.5 302a
I pulled up about the nearest ten or twelve dealers in my area, and spent a good deal of time researching reading Google reviews. It does take some sifting to see if people are dissatisfied with the sales department, service department, or both. You can also learn a lot about particular salesmen from these reviews and can specifically request one of them when you get closer to finalizing your purchase.

You can also check the Better Business Bureau’s website for any extra complaints that have been made on dealers you’re considering.

For me it was a combination of good sales reviews from customers, as well as one who was willing to deal and negotiate, or offer Ford X-Plan. Although, that portion may be out the window for a bit given how much of a seller’s market the new vehicle scene is currently. I felt I got a fair deal at my time of purchase, but relative to now, it was a killer deal! MSRP or invoice is probably as fair as you’re going to get for the next several months.
I went with the one that had the exact model I wanted in stock.
Sponsored

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
I'm considering changing the dealer my reservation is with and when I spoke with a potential new dealer (whose name has been mentioned on these forums) last week about changing dealers, he told me when I called Ford's 800 number to change dealers I would be refunded my original $100 reservation deposit but I would not automatically get charged a new $100 reservation fee for the new dealer (just as JayKay said above). This potential new dealer I spoke with said I'd just have to call his dealership back after completing the transfer and I could provide the $100 reservation fee at that time.

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia/QX60, Maybe Bronco 6G WT
There are dealers you can get under invoice from. They post on these boards occasionally (and they're all over the B6G board). If you don't mind a little flight and a drive home (or arranging transportation). I'm in CA and there are also dealers here who I would work with, none near me though.

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
Anyone know good dealers in Los Angeles that don’t charge ADM?
I have my reservation with South bay ford. They were listed on the bronco forum as not marking up. I need to talk to a sales rep there to confirm they are selling at msrp on the lightning. Figured I would wait till the order bank opens. If they are I'll be moving it to another dealer, out of state if necessary.

Sponsored

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
Called southbay ford in hawthorn ca where I have my pre order. They confirmed no mark ups on lightning or bronco. Only marking up Raptors.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
And I think that is going to harder on the F150 EV. It is really is the biggest game changer since Tesla as it goes to the heart of transition to EV's by taking the iconic F150 from 20th century to 21st. At 4.4 the thing is a fast as my Tesla.

Demand for it is going to be big and with supply limited pressure for mark up will be make it bigger. Hard for dealers to resist. Ford might keep them corraled for the first production run but after that I bet it will be hard to get one for list price.
I just talked to my dealer and sales person said they expect. $10K - $15K mark up. The sales manager a few feet away wouldn’t get off his ass to talk to me and I am not sure how informed this sales person was. This dealership was listed as no markup for Mustang on their forum. The sales person said they sold Mustangs with markups. Previous sales person assigned to me seemed like had never heard of EVs or Lightening. You can tell how much I am looking forward to dealership experience.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I just talked to my dealer and sales person said they expect. $10K - $15K mark up. The sales manager a few feet away wouldn’t get off his ass to talk to me and I am not sure how informed this sales person was. This dealership was listed as no markup for Mustang on their forum. The sales person said they sold Mustangs with markups. Previous sales person assigned to me seemed like had never heard of EVs or Lightening. You can tell how much I am looking forward to dealership experience.
You can do better than that if you're willing to expand your search zone. Talk to the general manager, let him/her know you're not gonna accept any mark up BS. If the dealer won't commit to MSRP..move on.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Many dealers that committed to and sold Mustang Mach-E without markup, did sell abandoned orders with markup. If they are telling you now that they want a markup on the truck that won't even be here for a year, thank them for their honesty and find a different dealer. Personally, I will not pay a markup under any circumstances.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
My dealer (North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz, CA) committed to MSRP and is aware that I would like to go with X-Plan if Ford doesn't make the Lightning ineligible.

With the reaction you got, I would run as fast as I could to another dealer. I wouldn't even bother talking to the SM or GM. Sounds like they're not interested in having you as a customer. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that changing your dealer makes you lose you place in line, either. From what others have explained, it's a simple call to Ford and you maintain your reservation priority.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer (North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz, CA) committed to MSRP and is aware that I would like to go with X-Plan if Ford doesn't make the Lightning ineligible.

With the reaction you got, I would run as fast as I could to another dealer. I wouldn't even bother talking to the SM or GM. Sounds like they're not interested in having you as a customer. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that changing your dealer makes you lose you place in line, either. From what others have explained, it's a simple call to Ford and you maintain your reservation priority.
Yup, I will be spending some time shopping for a decent dealership (if there is such a thing). To be frank, even though F150 has a few things I care about (all wheel drive at $40K, spare tire, a bed I can transfer my racks to), if Cybertruck was ready today at the advertised specs and price, I would skip the entire dealership experience in a heartbeat. Ford needs to do the sales direct like Tesla and Rivian and leave the service to dealerships.

We probably should start a dealership list like Mach-E to save each other time.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Yup, I will be spending some time shopping for a decent dealership (if there is such a thing). To be frank, even though F150 has a few things I care about (all wheel drive at $40K, spare tire, a bed I can transfer my racks to), if Cybertruck was ready today at the advertised specs and price, I would skip the entire dealership experience in a heartbeat. Ford needs to do the sales direct like Tesla and Rivian and leave the service to dealerships.

We probably should start a dealership list like Mach-E to save each other time.
I transferred my reservation without any hassle. And the Ford rep confirmed that I kept my place in priority.

Ford can't sell direct. Currently Rivian is running into this problem. They would like to sell direct like Tesla, but since Tesla came along the dealers have successfully lobbied their states to put the kibosh on any more direct sales car selling. The dealer lobby is quite large.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I transferred my reservation without any hassle. And the Ford rep confirmed that I kept my place in priority.

Ford can't sell direct. Currently Rivian is running into this problem. They would like to sell direct like Tesla, but since Tesla came along the dealers have successfully lobbied their states to put the kibosh on any more direct sales car selling. The dealer lobby is quite large.
I wonder what would be the cost of living for everyone without useless middle men.

PandaSlash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Kia Optima, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
For those in MD, I sent out a few emails to Bob Davidson Ford and heard back from the Sales GM. MSRP is the max they will charge (No ADM), but X-plan is unlikely.

Edit:
Also wanted to add $500 non-refundable fee to place order.
Sponsored

Last edited: