• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Choosing your dealer

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
I just noticed our local Fort Payne Alabama Ford dealer has tacked on a $3,000.00 Administration fee. They don't have the best reputation anyway.
Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I asked my dealer some questions and thought I'd share. Their stance is understandable but not exactly giving me the warm and fuzzies. It's good to know I can move around if they pull a fast one on pricing, but I'm not sure how that will affect my place in line. I will say they were kind and very responsive, which was nice.

1. Do you know (or can you share) how many Lightning reservations you have at Keller? Just curious.

i don't know how many have been reserved at Keller Ford

2. Will you have any markups over MSRP?

I believe the Lightening will be sold at MSRP.

3. Do you anticipate any incentives or discounts?

I don't anticipate any rebates to start with.

4. Is final price determined at order, or later in the process?

Final price will be determined at time of order.

5. When will payment happen? I'm assuming the process looks something like this: non-refundable deposit upon order (maybe $1000 or so), then final financing and payments due upon pickup when available. Is this generally how it works?

The deposit I anticipate will be a refundable $500 deposit. The balance will due at delivery.

6. We will need to finance at least a good portion of the cost of this vehicle. Considering my order will likely be filled a couple years from now, how will this work? Are rates only determined when financing moves forward at pick-up time? I'm a little concerned we might plan on a decent rate now and have it inflate significantly before signing anything. (I could have been more clear here - was really wondering when an interest rate would be determined. Sounds like probably upon delivery when payment is made)

I have no idea of when or what will happen with interest rates.

They did offer a concession: I hope I have answered all of your questions. I wish I could be more concise but some of the answers are not available yet.
My dealer said basically the same. Order now (when the order banks open) agree on price at time of order, place a refundable deposit, and deal with financing when the truck arrives and we decide we want it.

Works good for me since my state just added a $2500 ev rebate but it doesn't go into effect until Jan 1 22.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I just noticed our local Fort Payne Alabama Ford dealer has tacked on a $3,000.00 Administration fee. They don't have the best reputation anyway.
Looks like they’ll be waiting a while to have a Lightning show up at their dealer…
Sponsored