• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It's Oct. 26. Sound off if you visited your dealer today.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I stopped in at Banner Ford in Louisiana today. I asked a lot of questions. Don't need to list them. The answer to every one was, "We don't know." Lol. Anyone else visit their dealer today?
Sponsored

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
I called in. Seems like there just as much in the dark as we are. Hopefully we will hear something soon with earnings coming up tomorrow

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I just came back and was offered a Ford Ranger and another F-150. Basically was told to go kick rocks and just wait.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I just came back and was offered a Ford Ranger and another F-150. Basically was told to go kick rocks and just wait.
Not surprised. I am hoping a few people take up their dealers on those offer, for reasons.

Sponsored

BigKenny

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
My dealership made an appointment with me yesterday for today, I drive there and the front desk guy acts like I'm the one who made the mistake. No communication happening at Ford with the employees or customers.

Just got a call back and they said they just got the email this morning saying orders were pushed back until at least December. Then he told me that the Lightning was a hybrid lol.

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
56 days to go, just remember that it doesn't matter when you place your order. I think most of us just want to see the prices and options available. Yeah, yeah ....I know there is a Spec sheet going around but it's not official. Personally I want to see the finished interior.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Honestly, the configurator tool with the official pricing would go a long way toward quelling some of the unrest. But if December is truly the target date, even that won't be available for a few weeks at the earliest.

RedWilly11

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2021 Volvo XC60 T8 Recharge
Occupation
Higher Ed Research
Honestly, the configurator tool with the official pricing would go a long way toward quelling some of the unrest. But if December is truly the target date, even that won't be available for a few weeks at the earliest.
Absolutely! I reserved during the live event, but have no problem with my truck delivery coming in 2023... I know it's a long road, just look at every other new car launch, they all take longer than expected. But let me see what this thing is going to cost me!! And how exactly can it be equipped?? I'm in it for the long haul, but not knowing key options/pricing details makes the wait a struggle.

I didn't go into my dealer, but I emailed my salesperson the other day to ask about the ordering process. She didn't know when it would open, but did say that I can do it all over the phone or email.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Why would I possibly want to waste my time going to the dealership?
Personally I have no need to place my order immediately. I need to see the options and pricing and decide what I want to do. Then I plan to place my order online.

Sponsored

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I hope it’s not the classic dealer “BAIT & SWITCH”!

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
My dealership made an appointment with me yesterday for today, I drive there and the front desk guy acts like I'm the one who made the mistake. No communication happening at Ford with the employees or customers.

Just got a call back and they said they just got the email this morning saying orders were pushed back until at least December. Then he told me that the Lightning was a hybrid lol.

Don’t understand how and why some dealers contacted their reservation holders regarding the October 26 date without getting any official notifications from Ford. According to many of this forum the October 26 date was a fact and 100% going to happen. Now many are saying that it was postponed or moved to December. Something that was never truly scheduled cannot be postpone! Bottom line, NO ONE has any real idea as to when the ordering date is.

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
Why would I possibly want to waste my time going to the dealership?
Personally I have no need to place my order immediately. I need to see the options and pricing and decide what I want to do. Then I plan to place my order online.
The reason I'll ultimately be going in to my dealership is to gather wet-ink signatures of the exact price we're agreeing to on the order form printouts. At the end of the day, that may not amount to a hill of beans but it's the best thing I can think of to help prevent surprise ADM upon delivery (other than also going through a dealer who's not been accused of such BS in the past).

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The reason I'll ultimately be going in to my dealership is to gather wet-ink signatures of the exact price we're agreeing to on the order form printouts. At the end of the day, that may not amount to a hill of beans but it's the best thing I can think of to help prevent surprise ADM upon delivery (other than also going through a dealer who's not been accused of such BS in the past).
This 100%^^

If a dealer is gonna lie to me, I'm going to make them do it to my face.