First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Same for me using my phone’s hotspot. I created an automation to turn it on when ever my phone connects to my car with CarPlay or Bluetooth.

To me, paying for ford streaming would be the same as paying for two Netflix accounts- not going to impact my bottom line much but also not fiscally responsible.
Hi Bryan, How did you set up the automation?
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
If everyone has AA or Carplay, what's the point of Ford Streaming ? Is it like me paying a kid to mow the yard after I just did it a few minutes prior ?
I think the point is that not everyone uses or has AA or Carplay. It's nice to have options. Not everyone has a hotspot either.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Alexa is a different service. There's 4 connected services that you can pay for, Blue Cruise, Connected Navigation, Alexa and Ford Streaming. You can login to your owner.ford.com account and check the connected services.

The ford streaming is just that streaming service via Amazon Music or Spotify.

Ford Streaming
With Ford Streaming, you can stream your favorite music, podcasts and audiobooks, as well as your local and global news right from your vehicle.

Key Features
Ford F-150 is Ford streaming worth the renew? {filename}

Your Favorite Music and Playlists
Ask Alexa* to play your go-to albums and artists using Amazon Music or Spotify. You can even ask Alexa to stream your own lovingly crafted playlists – whether your passengers want to hear them or not.

Interactive, In-Vehicle Games
Take the Quiz of the Day on your way to work, play group or kid-approved games with friends and family – plus, enable thousands of additional games using Alexa Skills.

Flash Briefings and Long Form News
Stay up to date with breaking news on-the-go. Simply ask Alexa to “Play the news” or ask for your Flash Briefing – providing a quick rundown of today’s top headlines.

Podcasts, Audiobooks and More
Catch the latest episode of your favorite podcast, listen to audiobooks, even learn a new language – and so much more. Because with Ford Streaming, every drive has as story to tell.

I wonder how much Alexa will cost. It's more useful with Ford Streaming.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Hi Bryan, How did you set up the automation?
In the shortcuts app. I am on ios but I believe there are ways to do this on Android as well. I'm an IT nerd so I like to use technology to save time/money and automate my life whenever I can.

Ford F-150 is Ford streaming worth the renew? IMG_9098

Ford F-150 is Ford streaming worth the renew? IMG_9099

nrmedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost 302A; 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro
I get Apple Music for free, so no, it's not worth it for me.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
This is how I leverage Ford Streaming.....

First, in this capture, you can see both phones.
Bruce's A13 is an Android that belongs to the truck. It stays with the truck. And it doesn't have a SIM. It does a lot of things too. (see further below)

Pawpaws S21 is a personal phone. It's purpose in Sync is ONLY phone calls and corporate email monitoring.
(Email is the shortcut on the lower Nav bar)

Ford F-150 is Ford streaming worth the renew? 20230502_091825

The music streaming below is Spotify from the SIM-less Powerboost A13 using Ford Streaming (der's some cowboy trying to take the picture against all that Glare)

Ford F-150 is Ford streaming worth the renew? 20230502_095127

That same SIM-less A13 is also the OBDLink host for monitoring all the PIDs on the KingRanch Powerboost land yacht.

Ford F-150 is Ford streaming worth the renew? 20230502_091933

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
like most people i just use my phone so i didnt see a need for it.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat

Bruce's A13 is an Android that belongs to the truck. It stays with the truck. And it doesn't have a SIM. It does a lot of things too. (see further below)

Pawpaws S21 is a personal phone. It's purpose in Sync is ONLY phone calls and corporate email monitoring.

20230502_091825.jpg

The music streaming below is Spotify from the SIM-less Powerboost A13 using Ford Streaming (der's some cowboy trying to take the picture against all that Glare)

20230502_095127.jpg

That same SIM-less A13 is also the OBDLink host for monitoring all the PIDs on the KingRanch Powerboost land yacht.

20230502_091933.jpg
Nice setup. Never thought of using an old phone for that but I don't spend much time in the truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where do these colored icons come from?
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 10.17.23.png
They are available in the troubleshooting mode. (I can't remember what the official name for the mode is)

You hold down the FF> button on the steering wheel and the centerstack simultaneously for long enough, and the tools pop up.

In the "Display" section of the tools are those icons that you see.

Sponsored

Scof

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor
They are available in the troubleshooting mode. (I can't remember what the official name for the mode is)

You hold down the FF> button on the steering wheel and the centerstack simultaneously for long enough, and the tools pop up.

In the "Display" section of the tools are those icons that you see.
What do you press on the center stack?
Thanks!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
What do you press on the center stack?
Thanks!
Press FF on both steering wheel and dash at same time. You get a lot of options on that menu and one is to display those icons.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
not worth it, never even set mine up during the trial, since it uses amazon music. I use my iPhone and apple music. It would be nice if Ford would a native Apple Music app to Sync.
Apple blows. Glad Ford doesnt slip into the darkness.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired

20230502_091825.jpg

20230502_095127.jpg

20230502_091933.jpg
You guys are so far advanced than this Luddite. Well, I'm not an intentional Luddite, I'm just poor with technology. I just pay $7 a month for Sirius/XM.

I don't pay for any other monthly service.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You guys are so far advanced than this Luddite. Well, I'm not an intentional Luddite, I'm just poor with technology. I just pay $7 a month for Sirius/XM.

I don't pay for any other monthly service.
That's the beauty of the F150 that comes in so many flavors that there's one for everyone.

Even the Luddite edition. 😎
(Although you can't be all Luddite with a twin turbo variable cam timing direct/port injected 10 speed Powerboost with 302A and 7.2KW ProPower generator onboard)

Im just saying.
Sponsored