First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbonized F150 / 2021 Aztec Ranger
Occupation
N/A
Anyone know if this option can be installed as an add on my 2022 F150? My truck didn't come with it and would like to have this OEM option. Does Ford offer it to be in stalled at the dealership.
Sponsored

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
There's a thread on this somewhere on the forum. I'll see if I can find it and post a link. Doesn't seem like something the dealership can add, but you can get the parts and do it yourself.

OP
OP
Jafo2317

Jafo2317

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
N/A
Appreciate the assistance

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Anyone know if this option can be installed as an add on my 2022 F150? My truck didn't come with it and would like to have this OEM option. Does Ford offer it to be in stalled at the dealership.
This?

Attachments

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Yikes. Isn't the fold-down shifter needed to make this work? I would think it would be both costly and challenging to install.

Sponsored

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yikes. Isn't the fold-down shifter needed to make this work? I would think it would be both costly and challenging to install.
All console shifters are folding regardless of interior work surface being included. Even better if adding the work surface with column shifter, then you can drive with it folded.

OP
OP
Jafo2317

Jafo2317

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
N/A
Very much appreciated to all that responded. I do have the fold down shifter, I just need to see how much the Black Out Package arm rest with the fold out work surface is. I'll be checking with the local dealerships. This should have been a standard item as part of the Platinum 2022 F150 !!!

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Very much appreciated to all that responded. I do have the fold down shifter, I just need to see how much the Black Out Package arm rest with the fold out work surface is. I'll be checking with the local dealerships. This should have been a standard item as part of the Platinum 2022 F150 !!!
Ford should make this standard as a signature piece for any F-150 with console shifter.

They should also ditch the shifter and go with the dial or push button to save significant space and complexity.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
It should have been you’re right, but it’s all about the money. If they can make money by having us choose it as an option, then they will, and they did lol. I opted for it when I ordered mine back in 10/21.

Sponsored

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
Ford should make this standard as a signature piece for any F-150 with console shifter.

They should also ditch the shifter and go with the dial or push button to save significant space and complexity.
Agree with the part of it being a signature piece..great idea.

But I love the shifter…the look, the feel, it’s beefy and truck like. Dial or buttons are wimpy imo…gotta have the shifter. But that’s JMO.

ThyDayWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB Lariat 502A

But I love the shifter…the look, the feel, it’s beefy and truck like. Dial or buttons are wimpy imo…gotta have the shifter. But that’s JMO.
I'm pretty sure the reason we still have a shifter is because focus groups have a similar opinion to you!

I'm on team "give me a button/dial/etc (I love the buttons in my wife's Odyssey! - pic below) and do away with the additional failure point (folding down mechanism for shifter)"... but agree I'm likely the minority.

Ford F-150 Interior work surface 1658801920023

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited

I admit I still like the shifter for a hand rest. But there is nothing about the feel, or beefiness to my shifter. It feels like its sat too far back (in drive), cheap and destined to break at any moment.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's definitely doable. But like factory tow mirrors or LED headlights, doing it after purchase is a painful surcharge in parts co$t.
Sponsored