Sponsored

Interior work surface

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I'm pretty sure the reason we still have a shifter is because focus groups have a similar opinion to you!

I'm on team "give me a button/dial/etc (I love the buttons in my wife's Odyssey! - pic below) and do away with the additional failure point (folding down mechanism for shifter)"... but agree I'm likely the minority.

1658801920023.png
HA! Right you are. However there was also a time when thinking the car would replace a good horse was also the minority. Time moves forward and engineering out massive manual complexities for far more streamlined options is what will eventually happen.

The work surface was a good "jumping point" to make the move to the future. Yes we are taking away this relic from the past (shifter), but we are giving you something that is a signature piece of the F-150. The work surface and all the extra room in the cabin that is opened up by removing the shifter.

Turn it into a marketing selling point. Only the F-150 gives this work feature and extra cup holders! Another reason to join the Ford family! :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Ford should make this standard as a signature piece for any F-150 with console shifter.

They should also ditch the shifter and go with the dial or push button to save significant space and complexity.
I drove a rental last week on vacation with a dial and don't like it one bit. Push button would be interesting though...How about a ten-speed manual transmission, just like the big rigs? :cool: