Intelligent Cruis sign recognition not working message

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
How do you find the Power UP version? In the truck, Ford Pass app, or both?

I swear I received some sort of notification the truck was updated to 2.1 a few days after 1.7 was installed, however the notification list in Ford Pass only shows the 1.7 update from November 17.

Thanks,
-Eric
Sponsored

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited 900A
How do you find the Power UP version? In the truck, Ford Pass app, or both?

I swear I received some sort of notification the truck was updated to 2.1 a few days after 1.7 was installed, however the notification list in Ford Pass only shows the 1.7 update from November 17.

Thanks,
-Eric
I only know mine from the Ford Pass notification. If there is an alternate way to get this info, I am unaware of it but would love to know. Many posts from others voice the same frustration, so sadly I think it does not exist.

Do you have Speed Sign Recognition on your truck? If so, is it working with OTA 2.1?

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What PowerUP OTA version is everyone running that are having this SSR issue? I was at 1.6 with no issue since late September, and now after the 1.7.1 upgrade over the weekend, SSR is grayed out... I'm just curious to see if it has any correlation to the 1.7.1 update which seems to have various potential problems based on this site and other forum site posts.
Just as an update, the SSR is no longer grayed out in the menus when I select Intelligent Cruise mode, but when it is selected, it still links to the Speed Warning screen....

Ford F-150 Intelligent Cruis sign recognition not working message IMG_4365

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
This is completely theory but I wonder if Ford is tightening tolerances prior to BC update. I’m on 2.1.1 and recently started getting this error, as well as having Lane Keeping disable more regularly on me. Given that others have had luck with a camera recalibration I am curious if perhaps the spec has gotten tighter which means for cameras that aren’t perfectly calibrated there are more regular errors being thrown causing these issues. Again completely made up theory, but
What PowerUP OTA version is everyone running that are having this SSR issue? I was at 1.6 with no issue since late September, and now after the 1.7.1 upgrade over the weekend, SSR is grayed out... I'm just curious to see if it has any correlation to the 1.7.1 update which seems to have various potential problems based on this site and other forum site posts.

Truck updated to that near end of November, started having the issue last week, but didn't really drive it much between those two times. Didn't have any problems during prior updates.

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is completely theory but I wonder if Ford is tightening tolerances prior to BC update. I’m on 2.1.1 and recently started getting this error, as well as having Lane Keeping disable more regularly on me. Given that others have had luck with a camera recalibration I am curious if perhaps the spec has gotten tighter which means for cameras that aren’t perfectly calibrated there are more regular errors being thrown causing these issues. Again completely made up theory, but

Truck updated to that near end of November, started having the issue last week, but didn't really drive it much between those two times. Didn't have any problems during prior updates.
You may be on to something but for the fact that a post up a few was from a gent who got the camera recalibration TSB applied and is still having issues with SSR. Maybe there is yet another process as that would not surprise me... It just seems like every time I get into the truck, something has changed but there has been no up/download activity to the truck per my network monitoring stats. Maybe 2.1.1 will come for me soon and I can see if it helps at all.

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
You may be on to something but for the fact that a post up a few was from a gent who got the camera recalibration TSB applied and is still having issues with SSR. Maybe there is yet another process as that would not surprise me... It just seems like every time I get into the truck, something has changed but there has been no up/download activity to the truck per my network monitoring stats. Maybe 2.1.1 will come for me soon and I can see if it helps at all.
Yeah sorry I had started typing that out before reading that from someone else. Meant to delete it and just respond to you...

I just meant to say that 2.1.1 was when the problems started for me :)

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah sorry I had started typing that out before reading that from someone else. Meant to delete it and just respond to you...

I just meant to say that 2.1.1 was when the problems started for me :)
Dang…. I was hoping 2.1.1 was the light at the end of the tunnel. Does your Speed Sign Recognition screen also link to the Speed Warning like I showed above?

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Shouldn't have replied to this thread, I'm getting these messages intermittently now. Also getting intermittent errors for all the backup stuff too, but that might be more related to the sensors being covered by snow/dirt.

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Just to update, I took my truck to the dealer and they had a TSB for the Speed sign recognition issue. Ever since the flash it hasn't done it again, knock on wood.

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to update, I took my truck to the dealer and they had a TSB for the Speed sign recognition issue. Ever since the flash it hasn't done it again, knock on wood.
I had the issue and the dealer did the reflash of the IPMA with the realignment as outlined in their TSB. That was about a month ago and I have not had the issue since. It happened to me right after the 1.7.1 OTA, so I think there was an issue in the update. I have since had 2.1 and 2.1.1 OTAs download and all has remained good.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Yeah I turned that b off. The truck randomly slammed on the brakes in a school zone (not during school hours). Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Sponsored