First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I have "Rain Sensing" turned on under Vehicle Settings, yet when it starts raining the wipers do not turn on. I have to manually turn them on.

Anyone have experience with the AutoWiper feature?
Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
No but I though I read in the manual the sensitivity was adjustable.
And there was something about auto smart delays or something. Maybe read it. lol
Also read an article saying that the one of the chips in the shortage was for wipers.
Hope that's not related to your issue.

maxinike

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 powerboost, ranger 2020 and lawn tractor
wont start if left to off on wiper switch. need be set to intermittant that is actually the sensitivity of rain sensing instead of intermjittant if setting is off.

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
You have to turn the wiper to the on setting to get them to work. After that they will sense and turn on when needed.
Ah-ha!

Thanks... That was not immediately obvious to me. Will try it out the next time it rains.

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
wont start if left to off on wiper switch. need be set to intermittant that is actually the sensitivity of rain sensing instead of intermjittant if setting is off.
Yep. Also don’t forget to make sure they are off if you go thru a car wash.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
You have to turn the wiper to the on setting to get them to work. After that they will sense and turn on when needed.
Agree. Had a chance to deal with it today. I think the label is misleading. The auto part should be up u bit.

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
just noticed last night my wiper/turn signal arm is not lit up. it should be lighted...or or that another cut back

Mr Sir

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I'm having the same problem, rain sensing wipers not working even when turned on in the settings and on the wiper switch. This is the second issue I've had and just took delivery two days ago. Have a service appointment already because FordPass not any of the online features are working likely due to a bad modem.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Does anyone have an update on this? I have a new 2021 Powerboost Platinum and neither the rain-sensing or the intermittent wiper functions are working when it rains. Interestingly occasionally the intermittent function will come on randomly on a sunny day. I just wanted to see if anyone had it checked out before taking it in as I suspect it will be something the service guys say they were unable to reproduce in the shop.

Sponsored

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
the rain sensing works when the switch on the turn signal is on intermittent. Then how high you turn the switch adjusts how sensitive the rain sensing is. Mine works perfectly the only thing is if I leave it on generally when I start my truck up I will get one swish of the wipers and then they don't swish again unless it is raining out

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I also get a single wipe on startup. I am planning to tell the dealership along with other minor issues at the first oil change.

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I also get a single wipe on startup. I am planning to tell the dealership along with other minor issues at the first oil change.
Same here, my thought is that this is by design.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Mine must be defective then. When raining the only way I can get them to come on is by using the old school setting (constant wiping). I also don't get the wipe on startup.

MYF150FX4

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Lariat Supercrew FX4
I've just joined this thread for the very reason most of us are here - my rain-sensing wipers don't sense.

I live in Florida where we get rain every afternoon which gives me plenty of opportunities to use them. During a recent rainstorm, I enabled the function in the main system/screen and made sure my turn signal stalk was rotated to allow for adjusted frequency (enabling the rain-sensing function to operate) - and nothing. However, when I turn off the function in the Sync system, the wipers work as regular intermittent wipers (allowing for adjustments made on the turn signal stalk). Ironically, when the rain-sensing system is properly turned on and it is NOT raining, the wipers operate as if it were raining - totally backwards. I've since just disabled this feature...

I made an appointment with my service department and they stated they would give me a loaner car as it would take 2-3 days to reprogram the wipers. 2-3 days!?! I cancelled the appointment and will just take care of it with my first oil change.

If anyone has an idea on how to fix this without giving my truck to Ford for several days, I'm all ears. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: