Sponsored

Intelligent Cruis sign recognition not working message

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
One more here. It is for sure tied to the Nav after the last update.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
didn't happen at all today
Same here. I have an appointment next week for the dealer to check it out but can't replicate it as of now.

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
I am getting the message almost every time I activate cruise control. On my way home this morning it told me it was not available, but when the speed dropped from 55 to 45, then to 35, it read the signs, and adjusted like it normally does.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Everyone that thinks it’s tied to an update, I haven’t received any updates since picking up the truck in October. I still think it’s a communication issue with the software to Ford. I didn’t have it happen at all yesterday.

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Material Handler
Everyone that thinks it’s tied to an update, I haven’t received any updates since picking up the truck in October. I still think it’s a communication issue with the software to Ford. I didn’t have it happen at all yesterday.
I picked mine up in October as well, still no updates, it just happened. Worked fine on my way to work this afternoon tho. I'm starting to wonder if it is a day/night or frost over the camera issue

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I didn't even realize this was an available feature. I went into the settings yesterday and had to enable it and then used it on drive home. It seemed to work as expected, automatically adjusted cruise based on speed, but it was a short 13mile drive. I have a Nov 21 build. It almost seemed like it was based on the built in navigation's known speed versus reading the actual signs on the road. Need to test it more.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I picked mine up in October as well, still no updates, it just happened. Worked fine on my way to work this afternoon tho. I'm starting to wonder if it is a day/night or frost over the camera issue
If that were the case I would think adaptive cruise and lane centering wouldn’t work either. I’ve had mine say it half way through a drive in the afternoon. There is a heat element in the windshield camera to keep the frost off. Up until a couple days ago I hadn’t seen the warning at all since purchasing the truck.

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
I'm going with it's related to an OTA update. They just did one about three weeks ago. A little odd that multiple people are having this issue after said update.

Sponsored

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
I didn't even realize this was an available feature. I went into the settings yesterday and had to enable it and then used it on drive home. It seemed to work as expected, automatically adjusted cruise based on speed, but it was a short 13mile drive. I have a Nov 21 build. It almost seemed like it was based on the built in navigation's known speed versus reading the actual signs on the road. Need to test it more.
It seems to be a mixture of both. In my experience it will read signs in construction zones and slow down for those, but I've also had times where it'll speed up where a higher speed sign used to be.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
It seems to be a mixture of both. In my experience it will read signs in construction zones and slow down for those, but I've also had times where it'll speed up where a higher speed sign used to be.
yeah, I went through 3 school zones this morning and it ignored all three signs. :unsure:

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Material Handler
This has happened to me too, because my route has construction work currently. Since this started happening tho, in three construction area is where I get the error, and it takes the speed limit sign off of the cluster.

Glad to know the camera has a heating element in it. I wish I understood which cameras where used for different features, grill, windshield, and mirrors.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Drove 1200 miles this past Fri/Sat and not a single warning. Drove 300 miles Thursday and this alert popped up during Intelligent Cruise. It picked up/change in Speed Limit signs......not sure what's going on.

Djansma

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 lariat
Occupation
Retired ford technician (40yrs)
My intelligent cruise not so today it to said could not read speed limit signs. Hey Ford quit screwing up things!!!!!!!
i did a hard reset to my truck and the intelligent cruise works fine now. A hard reset means to disconnect the negative battery cable
for 10 mins and hook back up
what I noticed when it was screwed up the speed limit was all the way over at 5 o clock now it follows the speed limit on the cluster
Sponsored

Last edited: