• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I received my Lightning window sticker today!

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Have you heard anything about getting ford charger before you take delivery? thought they were going to try. Much easier to have charger installed when you take truck home. I’m scheduled for next week. happy for you. ?
I wonder how that works, will they make you put down a deposit? What if someone backs out of there deal after the charger was shipped.
Sponsored

OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I wonder how that works, will they make you put down a deposit? What if someone backs out of there deal after the charger was shipped.
I have asked SunRun that same question. They were polite but non-helpful. I have asked the same question to my dealer and they are researching an answer. If I hear anything, I will post an update.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Reading back. Poor grammar on my part. My blend date is next week, 4/22. Forgoing a QC hold dealer shows early May delivery. Fortunately I’m on a contractor and can pull the 150’ run of wire for the new circuit and only need electrician to tie in panel and attach at charger. But still begs question of how do we get charger. I think just increasing deposit would allow to take early delivery of charger. IMO.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
66 MPGe, 51kWh/100miles, and 300 miles range means 153 kWh battery usable capacity.

And Ford says battery capacity for ER is 133 kWh. So, why the mismtch?

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
66 MPGe, 51kWh/100miles, and 300 miles range means 153 kWh battery usable capacity.

And Ford says battery capacity for ER is 133 kWh. So, why the mismtch?
The mpge estimate is NOT how fast the car uses the energy stored, but how much energy you need to put back in from the wall. There are charging losses, so it may take 150kwh from your utility to replenish a 133 kWh battery. The screwy thing about that is that the charging efficiency changes based on charge rate and terminal state of charge. There is more resistance to further charging in an 90 percent charged battery than a 30 percent charged battery. Charging at 19kw will create more heat (waste energy) than charging at 7 to 8kw. Charging at 2kw will create less heat, but may take so long (particularly in the cold) that the battery heaters need to run for more time and consume more energy making the process less efficient. There will be a sweet spot for charging efficiency based on state of charge, charge rate and ambient temperature, but that is WAY too complicated for a window sticker.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ford assumes 15% charging loss.

66mpge = 66 miles per 33.7kWh of charging (from the wall).

33.7kWh * 85% = 28.65kWh to the battery

131kWh usable/28.65kWh = 4.57 "electric gallons" in battery

4.57 "eGal" * 66 mpge = 302 miles

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I have asked SunRun that same question. They were polite but non-helpful. I have asked the same question to my dealer and they are researching an answer. If I hear anything, I will post an update.
Well, just as in the case of the Mach-E you will be getting a 'portable' charging kit that has two pigtails, one for 110v and one for 220v. At least that's my understanding. I got the electrician to install a NEMA outlet outside near my Mach-E parking space and am using the portable charger with the 220v pigtail. Works great. The Lightning rig that will power the whole house from SunRun is a different deal altogether, and I will be getting that as well. It was my understanding from some email I got from Ford that they were going to contact us about a week or so before delivery to arrange for installation. YMMV

Mike

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

Sponsored

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT ER
I was wondering why the XLT was so expensive then I realized its Canadian dollars. Congrats! You might be one of the first Canadians to take delivery of a Lightning.
Lariat would of been an extra 12K CDN if I remember correctly, couldn't justify it. Our '17 XLT suites our needs currently, but will miss the rear window.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Lariat would of been an extra 12K CDN if I remember correctly, couldn't justify it. Our '17 XLT suites our needs currently, but will miss the rear window.
It‘s interesting how the US spec and the Canadian spec models differ. For instance, it appears that the US has much more choice than the Canadian spec models. For instance , the Canadian XLTs all come with 20” wheels without regard to the battery type.

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Got my STICKER!!

Ford F-150 Lightning I received my Lightning window sticker today! 1649359550766
Sponsored