• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning!

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
I doubt the first units go into storage waiting for chips, but the first units will be produced under the "Batch and Hold" system. Units will be built and held until a second and/or third quality check is performed. They also won't be shipped until "OKTB" or "OK To Buy" is produced. That could take weeks.

I predict the people with the earliest build dates will be annoyed with the delay in the deliveries of their trucks.
This system is by far the worst, your vehicle ends up mixed into a holding yard for weeks or months sometimes. where new orders come off the line after the ok to sale is authorized and cars roll directly to the rail yard, yours sits in a holding lot for a few weeks before it makes it to the rail yards. been caught in that trap more than once. delayed one of my first order builds 2 months because of delays in weather, rails, blah blah blah all because I had to be #1
Sponsored

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
I had tried following the instructions on this forum, MME forum, and FB to pull the VIN# from my Ford Account reservation page with a Build Date. I don't know why my VIN# wasn't showing up in the same places as the screenshots shown by other Lightning reservists.

But, I was unsuccessful at finding the VIN# in the standard places everyone was finding theirs. It was easy to find my Order Number in the data but was coming up blank on the VIN#.

I kept tinkering around and finally found my VIN# in the Browser Developer tools like everyone else. Just a slightly different area for me. This might also help someone find their VIN if the standard way shows up nothing.

• Firefox
  • Login to your Ford.com/ MY ACCOUNT/ go into your Lightning "Reservation & Orders" page
  • Click "View" to see your Lightning's configuration info "YOUR ORDER"
  • Make sure your Lightning is "Scheduled for Production" with a build date "Week of #/##/2022".
  • [F12] to go into Firefox the browser's "Developer Tools"
  • My Firefox Developer Tools shows up on the bottom half of the main browser window. In some cases, it may take the right side of the browser window.
  • In the Developer Tools larger window, select the [Network] tab and also the [XHR] tab on the upper rows of the Developer Tools window.
  • Click inside the Browser window Ford page and press [F5] for Firefox to refresh the browser page. Refreshing the "YOUR ORDER" web page will load up data into the Developer Tools window below.
  • On the upper bars of the Developer Tools window, there is a picture drawing of a tiny funnel "FILTER" for you you to input your Order Number ########. Enter only the numbers.
  • You'll probably get 2-3 hits in the filter results window below, look for the columns [Type] JSON/ highlight that specific record.
  • When you highlight that filter result a smaller window will show itself to the side.
  • In the smaller side window [Headers] tab is probably highlighted, click the [Response] tab and data will cache in the smaller window
  • Click the "Raw" slider switch to show the raw data. This is the final step that allowed me to see my VIN#.
  • Go and click in the smaller cache window results and highlight all the data [CTRL]+"A"
  • Open a Word or Notepad document, Paste [CTRL] + "V" all the data into the text document.
  • In the Word or Notepad Search for "1FTV" (the first letter is a number one), in my search results, My Lightning VIN# was very near the top of the data dump.
  • my data looked like this: "catalogId":"WANAB-TFD-2022-F-150","vin":"1FTVW1EL1NWG05xxx"
Forgot an important step. UPDATED.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I doubt the first units go into storage waiting for chips, but the first units will be produced under the "Batch and Hold" system. Units will be built and held until a second and/or third quality check is performed. They also won't be shipped until "OKTB" or "OK To Buy" is produced. That could take weeks.

I predict the people with the earliest build dates will be annoyed with the delay in the deliveries of their trucks.
I was annoyed with the batch and hold on my MME....but I got over that as soon as it arrived and I got to drive it.

I'm sure the same thing will happen with my Lightning when it gets here.

Mike

Last edited:

jmrdmd

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited
Redhorserca

Thank very much...located my VIN and added it to my Ford Pass.

Appreciated it!

Best

Jan

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang SLX convertible, 21 Mach-e FE, 14 MKS
Occupation
Accountant
@REDHORSECA

Thanks!

My Lighting is not Scheduled for Production, but your detailed instructions were more in line with what I see with my browser - strange, following your instructions I was able to find a "buildNumber" - I have read that VINs are not built sequentially so perhaps having a buildNumber just verifies the order was placed by the dealer and awaiting parts...

Anyway here's hoping I get a production date and VIN this Thursday

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
For those w/ Production Dates, is it too late to make a change to the order?

I've got a 5/30 date, but now wondering if it's worth debating a different color (Iced blue silver on order).

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
For those w/ Production Dates, is it too late to make a change to the order?

I've got a 5/30 date, but now wondering if it's worth debating a different color (Iced blue silver on order).
I don't believe its too late. It might change your date though. You would have to ask your dealer.

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Most likely yes. I tried to add an option to my order a month ago and was told prioritized orders cannot be changed as build is the next phase. Give your dealer rep a call to see what can be done.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I don't believe its too late. It might change your date though. You would have to ask your dealer.
Did you ever give your dealer a call to find out about the color change? I’m in the same boat. Iced blue silver and would like to change it. 5/23 date. I’m not sure if I was put in as preferred, or I got in with my early reservation. Crossing my fingers. I’ll call the GM tomorrow and find out.

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired
I received a email from Ford today "Your Vehicle Is Scheduled For Production" . Build week is May 9, 2022. Vin# 1FT6W1EV7NWG034xx.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I got the same e-mail with VIN today, for a 5/23 production date. It's been on my order page for a month, or more. Not sure why Ford waits so long to send out the e-mail.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I got the same e-mail with VIN today, for a 5/23 production date. It's been on my order page for a month, or more. Not sure why Ford waits so long to send out the e-mail.
Since reading danofcolo's post, I hit F5 on my order page 3746472837573826 times. Still no production date on my wave 2 order. Are you stating you think this is just the people who got a production date a month ago, now getting an email confirming their date?

Has anyone gotten a new production date today, where they did not have one before today? I thought we saved these posts for "disappointment Thursday?"

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Same here. Confirmed the build date and they gave me my VIN although most of us have already uncovered that. Hoping they are able to stay in track.

OB121

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch, 2019 Expedition
Yup same here, and then a here are your chargers that are coming with your truck email a little after that.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Since reading danofcolo's post, I hit F5 on my order page 3746472837573826 times. Still no production date on my wave 2 order. Are you stating you think this is just the people who got a production date a month ago, now getting an email confirming their date?

Has anyone gotten a new production date today, where they did not have one before today? I thought we saved these posts for "disappointment Thursday?"
i’m assuming this is only people who already had production dates. I got mine about 6 weeks ago.
Sponsored