• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How To Configure the Lightning For A Tax Credit

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Even before the MME came out Ford had sold over 100,000 plugins. I’m not sure how many MMEs have been sold but I expect Ford to reach the 200,000 threshold any day now. If you are depending on the tax credit to help pay for your F150L, you better hope BBB passes or else you will never see tax credit.
You can bet your ass they're lobbying hard for it. They're going to blow through the remaining 200,000 soon just with the Lightning and Mach-E alone. If they launch the Escape/Explorer/Whatever next year then they'll be in trouble for 2023.
Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
Even before the MME came out Ford had sold over 100,000 plugins. I’m not sure how many MMEs have been sold but I expect Ford to reach the 200,000 threshold any day now. If you are depending on the tax credit to help pay for your F150L, you better hope BBB passes or else you will never see tax credit.
current estimates put Ford hitting 200,000 cap sometime next year, possibly as late as Q4 depending on delivery delays. They would have 2 quarters post-200,000 before phase out begins so a good portion of first day reservations should see the 7500 discount if BBB dies.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Through October Ford sold 21,703 MME in US. So definitely not "any day now".

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
current estimates put Ford hitting 200,000 cap sometime next year, possibly as late as Q4 depending on delivery delays. They would have 2 quarters post-200,000 before phase out begins so a good portion of first day reservations should see the 7500 discount if BBB dies.
I think the estimates you are spouting are way off. There were 50,000 reservations for the MME in April, those will get filled before the F150L even starts production and that still doesn’t include all the PHEV sales. The tax credit might survive 2022 at in part but that would only cover no more than 20,000 of the 160,000 F150L reservations.

If you know of any real information to support your statements please a link.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Through October Ford sold 21,703 MME in US. So definitely not "any day now".
Why not? I know Ford passed the 100,000 mark around 2017 and they have been selling PHEVs ever since then. I don’t know how many plugins Ford has sold so far and I’m sure you don’t either.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Why not? I know Ford passed the 100,000 mark around 2017 and they have been selling PHEVs ever since then. I don’t know how many plugins Ford has sold so far and I’m sure you don’t either.
You do know they publish this data and also furnish this data to the IRS...don't you?

Don't be argumentative., a simple google search would have given you the answer.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/irc-30d-plug-in-electric-drive-motor-vehicle-credit-quarterly-sales

The answer is-- 141,834 thru 6/30/2021

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
No, I didn’t have that link. I did a google search but this didn’t show up. Thanks.

So we might be around 160,000 sales by the end of the year. Year end sales are always better for EVs so I would expect much better sales in the second half of the year than the first. With Ford ramping up production of the MME we might see a much bigger jump.

My opinion hasn’t changed, I don’t see the Ford tax credits lasting past 2022 without the BBB.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I think they are selling every Mach-e they have or can produce it looks like.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Since BBB is apparently DOA and while we’re hero-worshipping the verisimilitudes of Joe Manchin’s conservative-leaning political orientation, where might this leave late reservation holders vis-a-vis the EV tax credit?

Last edited:

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Since BBB is apparently DOA and while we’re hero-worshipping the verisimilitudes of Joe Manchin’s conservative-leaning political orientation, where might this leave late reservation holders vis-a-vis the EV tax credit?
Just don't plan on getting a credit (or getting a reduced one at best) if you weren't a day 1 reservation holders at this point.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Did you see the proposal to lift SALT from $10k to something like $80k also got added. The only people needing $80k in state or local tax write off are the upper 1% or smaller.
You are way off if you think salt only effects 1%. in nj salt can effect just about everyone. 41% have property tax bills over 10,000. there are at least 12 states were 27% or more of its residence get double taxed by SALT

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
You are way off if you think salt only effects 1%. in nj salt can effect just about everyone. 41% have property tax bills over 10,000. there are at least 12 states were 27% or more of its residence get double taxed by SALT
Not what I said, needing $80k in property tax or local/state tax writeoffs will only apply to the upper of the upper 1%. Capping SALT at $40-50k would be grabbing most of the targeted 'under $400k married filed jointly' tax brackets. NY has one of the highest SALT eligible rates at 13% so that would be a $400k income level. I'm in a very highly taxed part of Texas, paying just over 3% annually in property taxes so I understand needing SALT increases but not an 8X rise.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Not what I said, needing $80k in property tax or local/state tax writeoffs will only apply to the upper of the upper 1%. Capping SALT at $40-50k would be grabbing most of the targeted 'under $400k married filed jointly' tax brackets. NY has one of the highest SALT eligible rates at 13% so that would be a $400k income level. I'm in a very highly taxed part of Texas, paying just over 3% annually in property taxes so I understand needing SALT increases but not an 8X rise.
Agree with that. i misunderstood what you said to mean the current salt limit only effects upper upper, not the propoaed $80k limit. I agree that you can cover the average joes in high tax rate states with a lower limit. somewhere in ~30k-40k range maybe and dont need to go much higher.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
That’s a spot on assessment IMO. Hopefully Pelosi will put a smaller cap in there. I‘m not in a state with high property tax rates, but assessments have gotten so high that it’s a bit of a butt kickin’.

The SALT and paid family leave provisions are going to hold this bill back. There is nothing in there to pay for them and moderate Democrats are probably going to kill the bill without those items. If they are removed, or at least paid for, then BBB is going to pass.
Sponsored