• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How To Configure the Lightning For A Tax Credit

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Tesla just raised their price another $1k yesterday for certain models. Their cheapest model is now $45k yet you have Tesla FanBoys still thinking the Cybertruck will start at $39k :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I suspect BBB is dead now that infrastructure has passed.
I disagree. I wrote the BBB bill off a long time ago when the Democrats started in-fighting and I was very surprised that it got as far as it did yesterday. Now it sounds like all that's need is to go through an accounting exercise and there will be enough Democrats onboard to pass the bill.

Like I said, I don't really expect the tax credits to significantly impact how much we really pay for EVs but it will give the auto manufacturers incentive to provide more EV offerings.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I disagree. I wrote the BBB bill off a long time ago when the Democrats started in-fighting and I was very surprised that it got as far as it did yesterday. Now it sounds like all that's need is to go through an accounting exercise and there will be enough Democrats onboard to pass the bill.

Like I said, I don't really expect the tax credits to significantly impact how much we really pay for EVs but it will give the auto manufacturers incentive to provide more EV offerings.
Given where they are, I suspect it will pass the house, but I also expect Manchin and/or Sinema to come out and just say they won't support anything now that infrastructure has passed.

GrandpaD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I project that Fort will NOT open the order books for the F150L until the Build Back Better bill either passes or dies. Event though we may not be able to get the auto manufacturers to admit it, it's an absolute fact that auto manufacturers manipulate MSRP based on available tax credit.

Anyway, I don't expect to see real MSRP numbers for the F150L or the order books open until we find out what is going to happen with the Build Bake Better bill.
I tend to agree. I think Ford is waiting to see what (if any) tax credit will be available for consumers before opening the order flood gates. In their survey they made a point to emphasize the "after tax credit" pricing. A higher credit might push some towards the more profitable models/options. And, in Ford's mind, the sooner the better before the EV Silverado (coordinated) leaks to tempt those on the fence.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Turn on the news. Nancy P can't get it done in the house and it will never get thru the Senate. Ford needs to open the order bank and move forward...
So she's delaying a vote on Build Back Better. I think Pelosi made a mistake in putting

Yea, I Agree. I think the CBO will come back with a report showing the bill is more expensive than originally projected. They'll then cut the bill to get it under $2Trillion and it'll pass. Manchin has gotten everything he wanted except for an accurate accounting of the costs. He is opposed to the parental leave section but I don't believe he's 100% against it if it's paid for.

The Arizona Senator, however, who knows what she wants.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Hummm. Raise price of car almost the amount of credit??

When has any bill cost less than what they projected. Sure I'd like to get free Government money but I do know there is nothing free. We working stiff's will have to pay back that money on top of the cootie money spent already. Dang it.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So she's delaying a vote on Build Back Better. I think Pelosi made a mistake in putting

Yea, I Agree. I think the CBO will come back with a report showing the bill is more expensive than originally projected. They'll then cut the bill to get it under $2Trillion and it'll pass. Manchin has gotten everything he wanted except for an accurate accounting of the costs. He is opposed to the parental leave section but I don't believe he's 100% against it if it's paid for.

The Arizona Senator, however, who knows what she wants.
Manchin has gotten exactly what he wanted - delay the BBB bill and get them to pass the bi-partisan Infrastructure bill. No that that has passed, I don't think he has any interest in passing BBB. Same with Sinema.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Manchin has gotten exactly what he wanted - delay the BBB bill and get them to pass the bi-partisan Infrastructure bill. No that that has passed, I don't think he has any interest in passing BBB. Same with Sinema.
With Sinema, I just don't know. But I do believe Manchin is going to eventually vote for this bill. The only thing he really wanted out was everything that hurt his coal mining interests. He's negotiable on everything else.

No one can get a read on Sinema. That's the real problem.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Hummm. Raise price of car almost the amount of credit??

When has any bill cost less than what they projected. Sure I'd like to get free Government money but I do know there is nothing free. We working stiff's will have to pay back that money on top of the cootie money spent already. Dang it.
Us working stiffs already pay for a lot of corporate bailouts and subsidize the ultra-wealthy since they pay little to nothing in taxes.

The least we can do is get an EV tax credit out of it.

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
Us working stiffs already pay for a lot of corporate bailouts and subsidize the ultra-wealthy since they pay little to nothing in taxes.

The least we can do is get an EV tax credit out of it.
Did you see the proposal to lift SALT from $10k to something like $80k also got added. The only people needing $80k in state or local tax write off are the upper 1% or smaller.

Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Don’t think Ford will raise the price of Pro from $40k. Worst case, existing credit stays in place and May be starts getting phased in. I am hoping to get it before that happens and at $32.5k, I don’t see better bang for the buck in the market.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
"get an EV tax credit out of it."

I've really never received much from any sort of tax deal or lotto. Wish I had better luck.

If the Ford price list holds up and I'm kinda thinking it won't/can't then the basic XLT might be out of my price range even with $12,500 off (maybe). If they raised it to $80K that tells me something. That's going to be the mark makers will target.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
BBB is done. The Virginia and Jersey elections put the final nail in that. Manchin got the message, and will be a hometown (and conservative) hero for killing it. For many of us EV fans and for some waiting for our Lightnings, it is also good news because of the price cap in the BBB version. As it stands today, there is no price cap on an EV purchase - so those of us buying a Platinum or fully optioned Lightning with a price tag over $80K would get no credit. The existing credit isn't price-limited and we stand to receive $7,500. Go Joe.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
How dare you use logic Dave :)
No rebate would drop the MSRP even further.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
BBB is done. The Virginia and Jersey elections put the final nail in that. Manchin got the message, and will be a hometown (and conservative) hero for killing it. For many of us EV fans and for some waiting for our Lightnings, it is also good news because of the price cap in the BBB version. As it stands today, there is no price cap on an EV purchase - so those of us buying a Platinum or fully optioned Lightning with a price tag over $80K would get no credit. The existing credit isn't price-limited and we stand to receive $7,500. Go Joe.

Even before the MME came out Ford had sold over 100,000 plugins. I’m not sure how many MMEs have been sold but I expect Ford to reach the 200,000 threshold any day now. If you are depending on the tax credit to help pay for your F150L, you better hope BBB passes or else you will never see tax credit.
Sponsored