• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How To Configure the Lightning For A Tax Credit

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
At this point in time (October 31st) Congress is very close to passing the Build Better Act which would reauthorize new credits for EVs.

For the 2022 Lightning the MSRP Maximum Limit would be either $80,000 (Senate) or $74,000 (House).

Although Ford is waiting to publicize Base and Options Configurations and Prices, I am already trying to figure out what I can buy to get the biggest bang for my buck and still qualify for the Tax Credit/Rebate.

Because the 2022 Credit will be a Refundable Tax Credit (Probably $12,500) in 2022, payable on my taxes in 2023, it cannot be used as a down payment in 2022. It would become a Point-Of-Sale Rebate beginning in 2023.

My MSRP Purchase Limit would have to be up to either $80,000 or $74,000 which limits me to maybe a Lariat or a loaded XLT. My hope is Ford will price the configuration I need and want under the MSRP Limit.

My required Options are the Extended Range Battery and Maximum Towing Package (hopefully including the Tow Technology).

What Do You All Want and Need, given the possible limits?
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
The only rebate available is $7500, taken as a tax credit in your next tax year. There are no limits to the cost of the truck.

Everything else is wishful thinking.
And we need pricing from Ford

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Where are people getting the idea that passage of the reconciliation bill is imminent?

There is no guarantee the bill will pass, much less as written, and Ford have not released the pricing framework for the lightning.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The only rebate available is $7500, taken as a tax credit in your next tax year. There are no limits to the cost of the truck.

Everything else is wishful thinking.
Yes, agreed as of today - that much is fact.
Everything else is speculation.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yes, agreed as of today - that much is fact.
Everything else is speculation.
Of course, but we all love to speculate!

Based on the surveys Ford sent around, you can get a XLT with all of the options under the $74k limit. You can also get a Lariat with any option you want EXCEPT the ER battery

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
We still don't have final pricing from Ford so until they publish a build and price tool I'm not making any decisions on which configuration I will order. Even then, I can still change my order until it gets scheduled for production.

Viper GTS

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 M3P, 2005 GX470
Occupation
God
Anybody who is paying attention to the world right now knows this is nowhere near guaranteed, and frankly pretty unlikely. Tax credits on vehicles that 1/2 the electoral body thinks are toys for rich people are going to be an easy cut to make the rest happen.

Also, there is this problem:

Proposed U.S. EV Tax Credit Could Run Afoul Of USMCA (gmauthority.com)

Personally I'm of the opinion that anyone counting on seeing more than the existing $7500 is going to be severely disappointed.

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Ford F-150 Lightning How To Configure the Lightning For A Tax Credit 2022 Ford F150 Trim Chart

Add or Subtract the Following from the Previously Published Chart Above.

The Estimated Size of the batteries is 115 kWh net/125 kWh total (Standard-Range Battery) and 155 kWh net/170 kWh total (Extended-Range Battery). I do not think Ford's cost to upgrade from Standard to ER would be more than $3,000. No Way would it cost Ford $10,000 to Offer an at-cost upgrade in the Base Price.

Estimated Cost of Moonroof Option is about $1,500.

Estimated Cost of Tow Technology Package is about $1,000.

Estimated Cost of Maximum Towing Package is about $2,000.

Estimated Cost of Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 with Blue Cruise is about $1,500.

Sponsored

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
If they canā€™t spell ā€˜configurationā€™ correctly, I canā€™t imagine what other corners theyā€™re cutting. Iā€™m dropping my reservation after this heinous oversight.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Passing the EV Tax credit would likely put them in hot water with Canada as they have already said it violates the free trade agreement.
They would have to weigh out if it is worth it to violate that agreement or not as there could be serious consequences from not just Canada of doing it.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
If they canā€™t spell ā€˜configurationā€™ correctly, I canā€™t imagine what other corners theyā€™re cutting. Iā€™m dropping my reservation after this heinous oversight.
Good..does that mean I get to move up in line?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Post it in the other thread I started!