How long before changes in Forscan sync to become the new 'as built'

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I made some changes to add 360 camera and radar cruise. I was hoping to re-download the changes from the motorcraft website as a new as built before making new changes. Does the truck re-sync back to the mothership often?
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I tested this last fall, by checking AB file from the motorcraft site. It took my truck 26 days for the AB changes to propagate up to the Ford cloud. Ive seen people say there's updated on the cloud in as little as 2 days. There's no way to force it up to the cloud, the truck will do it when ever it's ready to. ;)

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I tested this last fall, by checking AB file from the motorcraft site. It took my truck 26 days for the AB changes to propagate up to the Ford cloud. Ive seen people say there's updated on the cloud in as little as 2 days. There's no way to force it up to the cloud, the truck will do it when ever it's ready to. ;)
Thanks, I'm sure there's other ways I could back up the ass bill but I figured letting it sink up would be a nice way to have the official as built file that you can use in the as built explorer

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I refuse to backup any ass bill.
Nor any of them lunatics that pass such a thing.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. 😜
Note to self, make sure I check my text to speech before posting...

Sponsored

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
Could someone explain to me what "as built" means in relation to forscan and motorcraft? Also, when you say the truck syncs back up to the cloud could you explain a bit further? I'm just starting to dive into the software end of my truck. Thanks!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could someone explain to me what "as built" means in relation to forscan and motorcraft? Also, when you say the truck syncs back up to the cloud could you explain a bit further? I'm just starting to dive into the software end of my truck. Thanks!
Your "as built" data would be the module values your truck was built with. Once you change those values with FORscan, there will be a discrepancy between the as built values on your truck and the as built value for your truck in Ford's servers. Eventually (could be 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months), your truck will sync up with Ford and the changes you made will be uploaded to Ford's servers as your new as built values.

Someone who is more privy to this can correct me if I'm wrong.

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
So if I add bed lights to my truck with FORscan eventually those changes get synced with Ford's servers which basically protects those changes from being wiped? I just wonder how it can affect things like adding changes for LED headlights/tail lights.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i need to go check mine now

i never thought the truck would update ford ..except when we went in for service
coollllll
Sponsored