Sponsored

HIGHEST MARKUP IN THE COUNTRY!

Big&BadGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars, Trucks/SUVs, and Motorcycles
Here's my question. What are all the dealers, car companies, and banks going to do in a few years when the market corrects, and no one can trade their vehicle because they paid WAY over a real value. Houses are the same, you pay $100K over asking which is already $75k over real value.

Hope you want to own these vehicles and homes forever because I don't see how you sell them. If Ford was smart, they wouldn't let the dealers do that and play the long game and sell at MRSP not the short game of rip off our customers and sell them something they can never sell or trade.
While I’m speaking in general, banks do not loan 100% of the value and certainly not a made up 2nd sticker.

They want to be protected, to the 2nd sticker is usually paid out of pocket. When someone has amazing credit, they might be able to get 110-120% of msrp. But that’s to help cover F&I fees. Not ADM.
Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
We just purchased my wife's 2019 Escape from the lease and the buyout was $21K and old value was $24K but now the dealer showed us that current book value as $35K and banks will loan $30k of that.

I have used this dealership for 19 vehicles since 1995 and they are selling at MSRP and discussing with folks not to go into a loan way over before all this started. I give them props for being honest. They want continued business.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
I ordered my Platinum out of San Leandro, and I was able to get X Plan prices. That was back on 5/1 (still waiting on it too). I have no idea if that has changed since. If I had to do it again, I would have gone through Granger. I love driving cross-country, especially the plains and the desert.
I ordered a 701A from Livermore Ford in October and then cancelled the order, they kept it going and it was delivered a week or two ago (I was still on the emails from Ford).

My 701A order from Granger was on 11/16, confirmed the same day from Ford, and it was built on 01/08 and it's on its way to Granger (or shipping soon to be precise).

If you're waiting since 5/1, that seems really fishy.

AndehM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tacoma, 2022 F-150 (on order)
I ordered my Lariat through Big Valley Ford in Stockton CA, used the commercial sales rep that the company I work for uses to buy all their field trucks. He got me a few k under MSRP and high priority (ordered 10/11, being built now). My company buys a bunch of 250s & 350s from him each year. Talking to him, it does sound like most CA dealers are selling at or a bit above MSRP.

The dealer in the town I live in was telling me it'd be over MSRP and like 6+ month wait.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
GM just sent a letter to all its dealers, saying mark up in NOT allowed. The dealers whom are caught could lose allocations, or the brand.

Saw a new blue Tremor on our local lot this weekend for sale...didn't see price.

llsjubal

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Explorer (ordering F150 Lariat in Nov)
That’s crazy. Every time I see a sticker with the twin panel sunroof for 1500, it makes me laugh that it cost me $3200 to have the twin motors and assembly replaced in my 2015 3.5. And not much you can do when every other day is rain and the dealer is the only one who can get the parts…
That is very sad. I love my twin panel moonroof on my 2015 Explorer. No problems. I will have to seriously think about adding that to my next order. Geez!

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
As much as I want a new F-150 (Powerboost or Tremor), if this keeps up I'm just going to buy out my 2020 when the lease is up in 17 months. I just turned 10k miles and my residual is $30k (in writing & signed). I just don't feel like playing this bullsh!t game.

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Would have to tell that dealer that people in Hell ask for ice water.

Sponsored

workitjr

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Homebuilding
Ordered 8/30/2021 loaded up Lariat Screw F150PB 4x4 from Granger after looking around at no inventory and no deals. It finally arrived at their facility today after at least 4 changes on the Ford Tracker. Was hung up in KC waiting on truckers to get it 3 hours over to Iowa. Patience is a virtue, as I will be at close to 5.5 months since order, and been waiting 3 months past the original promise date.

$8,300 under MSRP, plus ESP at $100 over cost, as cheap as you will find it. Went 8yrs/125k $100 deductible at $2310, 0% for 60 mos, all good. Paying a couple grand to have it shipped as I don't want to drive 1800 miles. Paying $6500 under MSRP beats the hell out of $5k over MSRP from local opportunists.

The distinct satisfaction of not dealing with the CA dealer ridiculousness is priceless. The Ford Tracker is a joke, but I can't fault Granger or kill the messenger.

Been daily driving my 02 F350 that is eating me out of house and home. My deprivation therapy in the buckboard 1 ton will quickly fade in the comfort of my new ride. Super stoked to finally get it home.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
The distinct satisfaction of not dealing with the CA dealer ridiculousness is priceless. The Ford Tracker is a joke, but I can't fault Granger or kill the messenger.
I second you on not wanting to deal with CA dealers. Just such an unpleasant experience.

Where did you buy your extended warranty from?

130 Ghost_Riders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
Here's my question. What are all the dealers, car companies, and banks going to do in a few years when the market corrects, and no one can trade their vehicle because they paid WAY over a real value. Houses are the same, you pay $100K over asking which is already $75k over real value.

Hope you want to own these vehicles and homes forever because I don't see how you sell them. If Ford was smart, they wouldn't let the dealers do that and play the long game and sell at MRSP not the short game of rip off our customers and sell them something they can never sell or trade.
People get upside-down on vehicles all the time. if banks worried they would demand more down payments verse insurance. Unfortunately I figure they all have the same mindset of letting you eat the lose

workitjr

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Homebuilding
I second you on not wanting to deal with CA dealers. Just such an unpleasant experience.

Where did you buy your extended warranty from?
From Granger where I bought the truck. Painless and a no brainer @ $100 over cost.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Saw this at a local dealer. Who is paying over list for this??

Ford F-150 HIGHEST MARKUP IN THE COUNTRY! 55291D8C-4CE6-4A80-B667-B937CE090031
Sponsored