First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2017 Tesla model X
Occupation
Self employed
Truck went into production Feb 19th, has been almost 4 weeks with no status update... Stuck in a corner somewhere waiting for the spray in bedliner?

But I have seen others with spray in bed liner that was build after mine and revived their truck already.

Anyone else waited this long with the same status? How long did it take before they finally found your truck and got it moving again?

Thanks.

Ford F-150 Anyone else in the same boat? Screenshot_20210316-171635_Chrome

Ford F-150 Anyone else in the same boat? 6369482461(1)
Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
You could be done tomorrow or you could be waiting for awhile. I was over 30 days to get the liner but now I'm waiting over a week to be released. Truck was ordered in Sept.

However 1FTFW1ED2MFA85274 this guy has the record I believe. Ordered in October, Produced Jan21, sent Offsite for the liner Jan 25th and then ......nothing.

Ford F-150 Anyone else in the same boat? 1615940023613

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Yes, same problem and no idea what is causing the delay. I ordered in September, blend date 2/10, “build date “ 2/15, and it is still in production. No spray in liner or tonneau cover for me, just the wheel well liners. It’s crazy. And no communication or update from Ford, even though my dealer.

towingnp

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, 2021 F150 Lariat on order
Hey all. When they say that tonneau covers delay production, which ones are we talking about? I have the Ford soft roll tonneau cover on my order. Assumed it was dealer supplied and I stalled. Should I delete it from my order to speed things up? Thanks for the info.

jsager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Retired
You could be done tomorrow or you could be waiting for awhile. I was over 30 days to get the liner but now I'm waiting over a week to be released. Truck was ordered in Sept.

However 1FTFW1ED2MFA85274 this guy has the record I believe. Ordered in October, Produced Jan21, sent Offsite for the liner Jan 25th and then ......nothing.

1615940023613.png
That’ll be my truck. Sent this status report to my dealer today. I asked them for this report several times over the last 5 weeks and was always given the old shoulder shrug and then some mumbling about COVID-19. We’ll see, but it’s starting to look like 2022 Toyota time.

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
That’ll be my truck. Sent this status report to my dealer today. I asked them for this report several times over the last 5 weeks and was always given the old shoulder shrug and then some mumbling about COVID-19. We’ll see, but it’s starting to look like 2022 Toyota time.
Ford has sure taken the fun away from a new purchase. The lack of communication is absolutely crazy from Ford. I believe there is something much more than a liner holding things up. At this point I really don’t care what the problem is but they could give us a better ETA as we need to plan. My truck must be a little unique Lariat, PB, 6.5 bed as I can’t find one so the wait continues until I find something else.

OP
OP
Toolmanbmw

Toolmanbmw

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
I guess I am not alone in this... But it's also very scary to see some of you have been waiting even longer than I am. I think all of our trucks are tucked away in the corner of a lot somewhere and new build keep piling up in front of us.

Hope we all can hear some good news soon.

My platinum is tough to find also, 6.5 foot box with powerboost and all the usual goodies. I really have no choice but to wait...

The dealer said it's out of their control and we just have to wait and see. I asked at what point are we not gonna waiting any longer and ask Ford what the hell is going on, they didn't give me an answer.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

1615940023613.png
Is that one Quackslayer? I seem to remember he was built before me by a few days and was still waiting even after mine shipped...

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Is that one Quackslayer? I seem to remember he was built before me by a few days and was still waiting even after mine shipped...
Nope. I believe he was built a day or so after and the last I saw has had zero movement as well. You are missing out as we are having a huge party in the body shop and caring it on Ramp59.

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I suspect that some of the truck built late January or the first few days in Feb may have been held at the factory to get the windshield removed and reseated prior to shipment.... So a truck that completed build Feb 3 would be held but a truck completing build of Feb 4 would be released to shipping as the windshield installation was corrected...

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I suspect that some of the truck built late January or the first few days in Feb may have been held at the factory to get the windshield removed and reseated prior to shipment.... So a truck that completed build Feb 3 would be held but a truck completing build of Feb 4 would be released to shipping as the windshield installation was corrected...
I’m sure some are impacted but not all. My blend date was feb 4 and the production date was feb 7. Truck sitting on ramp59 waiting and waiting to be released. No idea what’s going on or have a realistic ETA.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I think ? the issue is production related, as mentioned before. The November/December trucks came off the line incomplete or in need of updates/changes post production. Then in January we had the windshield issue that needed to be addressed and/or other minor things. I would not be shocked to find out that trucks that have been produced, but have been sitting for a time period, now are being treated for the rust issue before shipment. Customers, dealers, and journalists are all over Ford about the rust. The few late February produced trucks I’ve seen don’t seem to have that issue...yet.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Produced Feb 1, released to body company Feb 16 (bedliner) and since ... nothing

?
I just looked at where you live. My gosh you can probably see our trucks out your living room window. How frustrating!!
Maybe tomorrow but I’ve learned tomorrow never comes.

OP
OP
Toolmanbmw

Toolmanbmw

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Produced Feb 1, released to body company Feb 16 (bedliner) and since ... nothing

?
OMG... that is super scary. The dealership calling Ford at all?
Sponsored