OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
Well, the dealership is refusing to do anything until the Ford Technical Line tells them to. They're pretty much ignoring what @Jesse-Infotainment said and are convinced it's a Ford issue.

This is frustrating.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well, the dealership is refusing to do anything until the Ford Technical Line tells them to. They're pretty much ignoring what @Jesse-Infotainment said and are convinced it's a Ford issue.

This is frustrating.
Standard dealer actions

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

This is frustrating.
Unfortunately, telling your dealer "Some guy on the internet said......." doesn't end up well.

OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So the dealership can't figure out the issue with the truck and asked that I take it back today until Ford gets back to them. As it stands, these are the issues that came up after they swapped the GWM.

- Turn signal hyper-flashing (all bulbs functional)
- Trailer Brake Fault Warning (every 1-2 seconds)
- Front and Rear Defrosters inoperative
- Heated seats inoperative

I really don't feel safe driving the truck given I don't know what other modules are inoperative. I've told them they're not returning the truck until they've fixed what they've broken.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So the dealership can't figure out the issue with the truck and asked that I take it back today until Ford gets back to them. As it stands, these are the issues that came up after they swapped the GWM.

- Turn signal hyper-flashing (all bulbs functional)
- Trailer Brake Fault Warning (every 1-2 seconds)
- Front and Rear Defrosters inoperative
- Heated seats inoperative

I really don't feel safe driving the truck given I don't know what other modules are inoperative. I've told them they're not returning the truck until they've fixed what they've broken.
If youre willing to get Forscan I think I can fix it

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I see on the 13th they replaced the HVAC module. This time, they ran the module config first and then the PMI process it and took successfully. They still haven't gone back to run the PMI process on the GWM.

OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I see on the 13th they replaced the HVAC module. This time, they ran the module config first and then the PMI process it and took successfully. They still haven't gone back to run the PMI process on the GWM.
This seems like a waste of modules. The GWM was working fine, and so was the HVAC module. Are they just replacing components at random now trying to fix this truck?

They did say they put in a ticket with Ford on Monday, but haven't heard back from an engineer as of today.

EDIT: @Jesse-Infotainment: My current thought process is if they broke it, they can fix it. With that said, I'm definitely going to go pick up an OBDLink EX cable and get myself Forscan for down the line as I really don't want to go through this process again.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
They did say they put in a ticket with Ford on Monday, but haven't heard back from an engineer as of today.
I get the feeling that everyone that works at Ford corporate that returns calls to the dealership tech, are considered "engineers" by the techs and service writers.

When in REALITY, that engineer is just someone at Ford that looked up the customer's VIN, exactly like so many here on the forum do.
They then see exactly the same information and instruct the tech to do exactly what the fellas on here tell the forum members to do. ๐Ÿ˜‚

In other words, your dealership is waiting on an engineer at Ford to call them back and tell them to PMI your GWM, for example. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

I'm sorry, but I ain't buying it. They don't need to talk to an engineer. They just need what is the equivalent of a desktop support help desk because they don't have a clue.

OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I get the feeling that everyone that works at Ford corporate that returns calls to the dealership tech, are considered "engineers" by the techs and service writers.

When in REALITY, that engineer is just someone at Ford that looked up the customer's VIN, exactly like so many here on the forum do.
They then see exactly the same information and instruct the tech to do exactly what the fellas on here tell the forum members to do. ๐Ÿ˜‚

In other words, your dealership is waiting on an engineer at Ford to call them back and tell them to PMI your GWM, for example. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

I'm sorry, but I ain't buying it. They don't need to talk to an engineer. They just need what is the equivalent of a desktop support help desk because they don't have a clue.
The three day wait for a response makes my ISP's customer service look fabulous in comparison :p

On a more serious note (call me out if I'm missing a legitimate reason or coming off as entitled), I'm wondering why they're so eager to get me to pick up the truck in its current state. If I tried to pass off anything half-assed or half-finished at work I'd be reprimanded.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honestly, I don't know.
I don't understand enough about what goes on behind the veil to know what incentives are in play.

OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well @Snakebitten was correct. They said something to the extent of Ford called them back, told them to reprogram the gateway with the correct software, and that fixed everything.

Posting in the VIN lookup thread to make sure everything's good, and hopefully that's that.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You shouldn't encourage me. ๐Ÿ˜

Yep, an engineer ๐Ÿ˜Ž called and told them to hook the Ford Diagnostic & Repair System (FDRS) to the vehicle and DIAGNOSE & REPAIR the vehicle. Lol

Imagine that.

If you have ever used FDRS, you learn 2 things at least.

1. Ford spent $millions to write a completely new software system to manage the new vehicles that are laden with software.

2. At the risk of insulting all my friends on this thread, including myself, Ford made it as monkey proof as possible. You literally let it scan your truck for its VIN, and then it shows you ALL the software updates available for the vehicle. Most of us simply update every module that a software update is available.

But at the dealership?
That's just not simple enough for some reason. (I'm being a little unfair because they are wanting to get paid for their effort so they don't want to just make your vehicle up to date for free. Lol)
Sponsored