Fox 2.0 alignment after install

Nighsight

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Just wondering how many have had an alignment after installing the new Fox 2.0 level kit. Has your alignment been off? Just wondering if it's really needed seeing as some are only averaging somewhere in the range of 1 inch lift.
Sponsored

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
Depends on how it was installed. I couldn’t for the life of me torque the LCA enough to get the strut out, so I took it off. Wrecked the alignment but made the install way easier.

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Supercrew Fx4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Bird Taxidermist
Ive installed two sets of Fox 2.0 coilovers over the yrs and didn’t have either truck aligned …. NO NEED … when your careful and dont let stuff fall or bang around while working on it , it shouldn’t get out of alignment ..

Wmflyfisher

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Ive installed two sets of Fox 2.0 coilovers over the yrs and didn’t have either truck aligned …. NO NEED … when your careful and dont let stuff fall or bang around while working on it , it shouldn’t get out of alignment ..
This is incorrect. It’s changing the geometry of the front end. Definitely get an alignment after any amount of front end lift.

Sponsored

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Supercrew Fx4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Bird Taxidermist
I’m not saying not to get an alignment , you do you bro … I’m saying in my case I didn’t need it and I’d say when your getting 60k outta a set of Cooper StMax your doing something right .. So I ran two sets of these tires and got 110 k without alignment after installation , never had poor wear … just great tires and Fox suspension that proved its self weekly off road .. and on .. Rare on these forums that people actually use these trucks for more than a daily driver that looks and is capable of being off road but they’re all pavement queens … never touch the dirt ..

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
You need an alignment anytime you change the ride height. You usually need to adjust toe for a 2” lift.

the caster and camber probably depend on where it was when you started.

it’s not just tire wear. It’s suspension and steering feel too. Even slight adjustment to toe can affect the steering response. These trucks aren’t cheap and ride good, get it on a rack and have it checked.
Sponsored

Last edited: