Fox 2.0 Install and Roush's Recommendation

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
I installed the fox 2.0 and pretty happy with it. I just noticed today, while looking at Roush's website, that they recommend the following:

"NOTE: 2021 Trucks will require the lower spring perch to be adjusted 5/8” of an inch down on the strut shaft (towards the lower control arm) for proper suspension travel & improved ride. " https://www.roushperformance.com/2015-2016-f150-fox-suspension.html

Has anyone done this adjustment or can explain the before and after ride quality difference they mention?
Sponsored

J-az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I installed the fox 2.0 and pretty happy with it. I just noticed today, while looking at Roush's website, that they recommend the following:

"NOTE: 2021 Trucks will require the lower spring perch to be adjusted 5/8” of an inch down on the strut shaft (towards the lower control arm) for proper suspension travel & improved ride. " https://www.roushperformance.com/2015-2016-f150-fox-suspension.html

Has anyone done this adjustment or can explain the before and after ride quality difference they mention?
The 21 has a lower spring rate, lower compression ratio, less leverage on the damper. If you don't set the spring lower it will raise the truck more than 2". I put these on, only wanted a 1" lift and ended setting the perch 1" from the first thread. Perfect.

OP
OP

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The 21 has a lower spring rate, lower compression ratio, less leverage on the damper. If you don't set the spring lower it will raise the truck more than 2". I put these on, only wanted a 1" lift and ended setting the perch 1" from the first thread. Perfect.
awesome! Thanks for the info. I wondered why after the install the front was slightly higher than the back. Gotta do this ASAP.

J-az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
awesome! Thanks for the info. I wondered why after the install the front was slightly higher than the back. Gotta do this ASAP.
I adjusted the spring on the truck even though lots of info out that it can't be done because the body is aluminum. I shot some tri flow on the threads, loosened the pinch bolt and used a fox spanner wrench to adjust the perch while it was under preload. It went super smooth! Absolutely loving the ride of the Fox 2.0. Firm yet smooth on the road, laser like steering with all the bobbing gone, the truck tracks straight in the lane and corners flat. I have an FX4 and have taken it off road a tad and love it on chunky fire roads. Firm ride but very controlled the shocks definitely open up at speed allowing the wheels to track the ground without tossing you all over the place like the stock dampers.

OP
OP

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I adjusted the spring on the truck even though lots of info out that it can't be done because the body is aluminum. I shot some tri flow on the threads, loosened the pinch bolt and used a fox spanner wrench to adjust the perch while it was under preload. It went super smooth! Absolutely loving the ride of the Fox 2.0. Firm yet smooth on the road, laser like steering with all the bobbing gone, the truck tracks straight in the lane and corners flat. I have an FX4 and have taken it off road a tad and love it on chunky fire roads. Firm ride but very controlled the shocks definitely open up at speed allowing the wheels to track the ground without tossing you all over the place like the stock dampers.
I just tried doing the same but ran into a problem, I loosened the pinch bolt just a little too much that when I attempted to adjust the perch, it slightly popped off the thread. I ended up compressing the spring and completely taking the pressure off the perch and making my adjustments. I lowered the perch a total of 1"inch from the original spot which lowered the front half an inch.

For anyone in the future attempting to adjust the Fox, I definitely recommend compressing the springs to do it.
Sponsored