Sponsored

Ford Pass v5 - now available

VRFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 EB FX4
Now supports dark theme (if default in phone) and is much better for EVs as it doesn't move buttons while it's trying to figure vehicle state of charge. It's now open beta. Some people update the app and it's there, some iphone users are reporting it not being there. I installed and rebooted the phone and it went into v5 native.

1711223626545-3g.png

Mine updated to v4.37.0 this past weekend (iPhone 14) and it looks like yours, there's also an option to go back "Previous Version."
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i have the option to flip to new ford pass on my phone
i tried it and it would never load the map to show me where my 2 fords are..just the statement they use google maps yadayada about locations

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I know what you mean, but I will admit that there are many different things that have to be taken into account to know the lock status. The truck needs to be queried to find out the status. I am hoping they can find a way to keep a "status" channel open without causing more issues like rapidly draining batteries. It is one of the things on my list that I plan to outline sometime to Ford. Hopefully, they will actually read the feedback....
That’s easy enough. It could sync with the truck its status when you turn off the truck then if you want to get a current status you could pull down on the app to refresh it.

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
My app updated and now I have no option to go back to the old version. I hope they fix this one up some because I preferred the old one.

• Sad
Reactions: 780

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
Anyone know where they buried the warranty information? old version had a page to see your extended warranty info and I cant find it on the new one.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Mine just updated as well
No more zone lighting, no way to add service history, no Maintenace schedule, missing warranty information. Completely castrated! useless, every update just eliminates more features, Way to go Ford!

Ronin1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT FX SuperCrew 4x4 3.5 Race Red
The “range” on mine is wrong and doesn’t match the miles to empty shown in the truck. Also, my truck is parked but the app states that it is on.

Fox146

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Ahhh it finally dropped and they took none of our feedback. V5 castrated pass

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Dammit. Mine updated. I like the overall design concept, but it's definitely missing stuff...

Anyone know if Ford is hiring a PM? I'll volunteer to get this shit sorted. 😂

Fox146

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Dammit. Mine updated. I like the overall design concept, but it's definitely missing stuff...

Agree I do like the new look but so far that’s it I think

Sponsored

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
The new version sucks. Way less features especially for PB and monitoring generator stats.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Mine just updated as well
No more zone lighting, no way to add service history, no Maintenace schedule, missing warranty information. Completely castrated! useless, every update just eliminates more features, Way to go Ford!
My phone updated to ver 5. Like the look. Still playing around with it. At least, this version shows the correct location. To be honest, never used what is missing. Only things I did use was location, lock, unlock and schedule start once in a while. Not outstanding, not sure what the PB or EV members are missing.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
My phone updated to ver 5. Like the look. Still playing around with it. At least, this version shows the correct location. To be honest, never used what is missing. Only things I did use was location, lock, unlock and schedule start once in a while. Not outstanding, not sure what the PB or EV members are missing.
I agree with your points here. Yes, lock/unlock and remote start have been vastly improved in that you nolonger have to press and hold the buttons. Also vehicle location seems to be much more accurate now using Google maps instead of Here maps, and also apparently will give you walking direction to the truck. Although I haven’t tried it yet. It would be great if they would add a,feature to allow you to preset destinations from Fordpass and then be able to pull them up in Ford nav on the dash when you're ready to go. Then you wouldn't have to search and load before leaving.
My disappointments are the fact that some of the functionality has been lost, hopefully at least for now. New software should be expected to add new features and not remove existing features.
It appears the PB and EV vehicles have gained some new functionality, such as remote start climate control settings for the Lighting trucks. And additional charging support for EV's.
But why remove features from the ICE trucks, Ford makes a half a million F series trucks a year for a very loyal following. Why piss off a half a million customers just to appease 10,000 EV owners. Or better yet make it right for all Ford owners, whatever they choose.

Last edited:

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
That's the product manager way. Go into a new project with a vision, motivation, optimism, drive. Then the company and execs squash any and all hope of actually doing something meaningful through bureaucracy and red tape 😋

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
I think the overall styling and interface looks great. The location menus are much more refined, I'm hopeful they continue to actively improve on it and roll out features
Sponsored