Sponsored

Ford OEM power running boards install a plug-n-play?

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Does anybody know if it would be a plug n play if i were to install the OEM power running boards onto my Lariat??
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It’s not plug and play. It’s easier on a lariat but still need to wire them

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If i have a professional shop near me install them, would it require any Forscan changes as well??
Yes.> its a big job. Its not easy.

You need new harness for the seat. Then you need to run the wirng from the seat module to the Running boards. you need a new DSM You need ot have the DSM programmed.

I added them Ive done it.

Pus you have to make all the as build changes.

OP
OP
fordhouston

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes.> its a big job. Its not easy.

You need new harness for the seat. Then you need to run the wirng from the seat module to the Running boards. you need a new DSM You need ot have the DSM programmed.

I added them Ive done it.

Pus you have to make all the as build changes.
ah damn.. i guess i will have to go with the Amp Research ones then.
i appreciate the assistance Jesse!

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
ah damn.. i guess i will have to go with the Amp Research ones then.
i appreciate the assistance Jesse!
I prefer the OEM. I think it is worth it. It can be done. You need to have soemone that knows what they are doing. It isnt something any audio shop can do. I think its woorth the effort becasue how integrated the boards are

OP
OP
fordhouston

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I prefer the OEM. I think it is worth it. It can be done. You need to have soemone that knows what they are doing. It isnt something any audio shop can do. I think its woorth the effort becasue how integrated the boards are
I do prefer the OEM power boards too over the Amp Research ones but unfortunately i do not have the patience nor knowledge for install of the OEM one's Lol.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I do prefer the OEM power boards too over the Amp Research ones but unfortunately i do not have the patience nor knowledge for install of the OEM one's Lol.
Bring it to me in Dallas I’ll do it for you

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Bring it to me in Dallas I’ll do it for you
There you have it folks. Jesse has offered to do the install if fordhouston picks up the materials. It doesn't get any better than this, and I'm sure this is not a few hrs job either.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There you have it folks. Jesse has offered to do the install if fordhouston picks up the materials. It doesn't get any better than this, and I'm sure this is not a few hrs job either.
I am always willing to help.

I know not everyone can do these things.

I dont liek the AMP boards. I love the OEM, they are so nice. I like they stretch to the bed of the truck to be able to grab things in the bed. Hes in houston. He could come for a weekend adn we could get it done.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
say no more!
on the other end i’ll need to start saving up big time :LOL:
yEAH THE BOARD ARE THE BIG COST. tHE REST NOT TOO BAD. i HAVE A dsm HERE SO yOU CAN HAVE THAT ONE FOR YOURS. yOU WONT NEED A HARNESS i CAN DO THE WIRING. sO JUST BUY THE BOARDS.. tHATS ALL YOU NEED.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I'm about to tackle retrofitting the OEM ones on my truck, as I've apparently ran out of other things to mess with at the current time... Plus @Jesse-Infotainment really talked up the OEM ones so I blame him.

I have a lead on some boards off a 18 super duty, which should work just fine I hope as the mounts are all the same for these aluminum cab styles. The arms look a little different however, they go down and out more on a super duty, so might be nicer, might be too much, will find out. Only thing I'll be missing is the kick switch, which I plan to retrofit somehow. It's just a simple OFF-ON push switch to ground for each side. Like Jesse said, just need the right DSM which runs about $200, then the harness, which I plan to just add the terminals to the DSM connectors if I can and run my own harness to both sides so that won't cost much at all, maybe $100. Then hopefully get these boards for around $600. So all in be in them for around $900 ish, which I'll take any day over the amps I had my eye on which are $1700+.