Ford/leer tonneau cover

Robertson1

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 Harley Davidson
Hey I’m looking for a tonneau cover for my new 23’ limited 5’ 6” box. Looking for something low profile and that matches close to the bed cap color.

I came across this at a pretty good price for Canadians -https://www.barrhavenfordpartsdepot.ca/oem-parts/ford-leer-group-hard-folding-4-panel-5-5-bed-cover-vnl3z84501a42a
Just wondering if this is a HF-650M, as it doesn’t say anywhere but it looks similar.

part number is vnl3z-84501a42-a

I’m also considering an undercover ultra flex or of course the MX4. If anyone has experience with any of these 3 I would love to hear. Also like the peragon limited HDX just not sure if it’s worth the price above these.
Sponsored

23PB&Me

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 PB Lariat
I have the Leer cover. Has worked pretty well so far. I got it because it is not easily break-in-able with the slider pull mechanism. So far my only complaint is that it lets a little water in at the tailgate where the gate meets the side of the truck and the step goes into the tailgate. I haven’t tried anything to fix it since it hasn’t really been an issue, but I also don’t see a way to seal that unless the cover had a flap that completely covered the grooves. So far very happy with it, super easy to install and super functional!

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I love my Lomax Stance Cover. In my opinion it's the nicest low profile cover for our trucks. You don't have to drill holes and worry about drain tubes. Anything from Lomax is far superior to Bakflip.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I love my Lomax Stance Cover. In my opinion it's the nicest low profile cover for our trucks.
Any tri-fold cover blocks the rear window and that is no bueno... For that reason alone they are off the menu for me...

mdn14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat PB SCREW
Occupation
Structural Engineer
If that is the same as the HF-6580 from Leer it is what I have as well. It works well at keeping the water out. Not waterproof but with the amount of water I've seen come in, I wouldnt have an issue throwing just about anything in the back.

Allowing almost full use of the bed without blocking the third brake light was a big plus for me. The latches are also much nicer that the cable pull options.
Sponsored