First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Have any of you with the Leer HF650M experienced water coming in between the panels where the hinges are located? I was checking for leaks following a pretty hard rain and noticed some drips coming through between each panel. I expect some water at the extreme ends but I had hoped the mid-section would be fairly water tight. Not sure if mine is defective in some way or if this is common.

Exact same issue with me, 5 months old and it developed a few "hot spots" along the folding seals, essentially leaking/dripping right in the center of the bed. I contacted LEER and they sent a replacement under warranty. New one has been on for 1 day and same exact issue, it still leaks (very slightly albeit) along the folding seals near the center. I'm at a loss at this point, I don't think LEER will give a full refund for warranty, but obviously getting another replacement will likely be the same issue and I regret purchasing this model. Highly disappointed, especially for a $1,000+ cover. Do not recommend buying this one if you're going for high-quality waterproof.

JoCox32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Exact same issue with me, 5 months old and it developed a few "hot spots" along the folding seals, essentially leaking/dripping right in the center of the bed. I contacted LEER and they sent a replacement under warranty. New one has been on for 1 day and same exact issue, it still leaks (very slightly albeit) along the folding seals near the center. I'm at a loss at this point, I don't think LEER will give a full refund for warranty, but obviously getting another replacement will likely be the same issue and I regret purchasing this model. Highly disappointed, especially for a $1,000+ cover. Do not recommend buying this one if you're going for high-quality waterproof.
That's frustrating, sounds like I might be in the same boat as you then. I will try to warranty claim my cover on that same basis to see if a new one fixes the issue but I am skeptical after seeing your experience. Did you have to pay to ship your old cover back? Or did they tell you to keep it?

OP
OP
Bbass5

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Leaning towards this cover. Has anyone driven with just 1 section opened? What keeps the wind from blowing the section closed?
You are correct, if you drive with one section open, the wind will blow it closed. You’d have to strap it down some way to keep it from blowing over.

That’s the one con I have. But once you open the first panel, the second panel isn’t latched. And by the time you flip that’s second panMel, you might as well flip the third. And thethird panel has clips to lock it down to travel. So it’s either:
  • Fully closed
  • Partially opened with the last panel clipped down
  • Fully open with the prop rods holding it up

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
That's frustrating, sounds like I might be in the same boat as you then. I will try to warranty claim my cover on that same basis to see if a new one fixes the issue but I am skeptical after seeing your experience. Did you have to pay to ship your old cover back? Or did they tell you to keep it?
I haven’t had this issue yet but my old trifold gaskets would slightly shrink in very cold weather. I definitely had more water in the winter months. I really like the leer over my previous cover. I knew I would have to deal with some water hopefully not a major defect.

Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
they did not ask for the old one back, still trying to decide what to do with it, it’s sitting in my garage. I’m evaluating the new one to see which one leaks less, then probly sell the other to recoup some of the cost I lost in a $1k+ cover that can’t even keep out rain.

ISLANDF150

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT FX4 3.5L Ecoboost
On autoaccessoriesgarage.com it says the leer HF650M is not compatible with drop in bedliners. But on other sites it says it is compatible. Close to pulling the trigger on this while I wait for my truck but I'm getting a drop in bedliner so want to ensure it will work. Anyone have any knowledge/experience with this?

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
Outstanding write-up! I'll be adding the Leer to my PB, me t'inks...

I see your "fully-folded-open" photo with your 5.5' bed. BIG Thanks:
Ford F-150 Leer HF650M Tonneau Cover Review with Photos! - Install & First Impressions img_6468-jpe
The brake light (and camera) are still usable (as you note). The "quad-fold" really looks like the way-to-go.

Does anybody have a similar photo of the Leer HF650m on the 6.5' bed? Specifically, how much "taller" are the fully-folded panels? Is the cyclops still visible and is the bed camera still useable?

Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance: :D {this forum is so helpful!}

Hawk75

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat FX4 502a magnetic grey
Wondering if those that started or commented on this thread late last year can provide some updates? This is really the cover that checks all the boxes for me, however, between some reviews of issues with seals leaking over time and the bad customer service... I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. Heck...even the local Radco dealer here is steering me away from it! My final 3 are
1. Leer hf650m - has all the features and looks I want but concerned about quality and customer service
2. Undercover armor flex - have a 7 year old undercover flex that's been good. Not sure about the linex coating on this, imagining it's a rough surface like my bed liner? Prefer the smooth textured FRP
3. Bak F1 - prefer to not have a cover that rests against the cab when up, my first cover was a bak g2 and wasn't near as good quality and longevity as my current undercover. So it's an option but sits at #3

ISLANDF150

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT FX4 3.5L Ecoboost
Wondering if those that started or commented on this thread late last year can provide some updates? This is really the cover that checks all the boxes for me, however, between some reviews of issues with seals leaking over time and the bad customer service... I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. Heck...even the local Radco dealer here is steering me away from it! My final 3 are
1. Leer hf650m - has all the features and looks I want but concerned about quality and customer service
2. Undercover armor flex - have a 7 year old undercover flex that's been good. Not sure about the linex coating on this, imagining it's a rough surface like my bed liner? Prefer the smooth textured FRP
3. Bak F1 - prefer to not have a cover that rests against the cab when up, my first cover was a bak g2 and wasn't near as good quality and longevity as my current undercover. So it's an option but sits at #3
I've had the Leer HF650M on my truck for the past couple months. Quality seems good and no issues with water etc. Still early yet but so far so good. I really like it coming from soft trifolds on my previous trucks.
I had one of those small tabs for the support arms break like others have mentioned. I contacted leer and they sent me 2 news ones. Customer service was good for me in that instance.

Sponsored

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I took delivery of my PB Lariat on July 3rd 2021. Within 2 weeks I had the LEER 650 installed and have been totally satisfied with it since. I have had no leaks even when going through car wash and during cold winter months of ice and snow. I have a spray in liner and a Ford rubber mat on top of liner. My experience with the Leer 650 has been flawless.

Hawk75

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat FX4 502a magnetic grey
Thanks for the feedback, good to hear a better experience with Leer customer service! I'm not so worried about having issues as long as the company stands behind the product. I'm probably going to go for the Leer and hope it works out.

schn4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt supercrew
on my 3rd leer HF650m in less then 9 months, first two covers leaked under little rain, Leer would only replace cover, so now 3rd cover installed. we will see what will happen

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A 360 Camera 7.2KW
Occupation
Retired
I bought mine in October 2021 and I love it. Easy to install, easy to fold, easy to unlatch and look really good.

brettp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4
I ordered the Leer and sent it right back the same day I put it on my truck. I couldn’t comprehend why they would leave the 2nd to last panel without a latch to lock to the rail. I was able to pull it up enough to get an arm inside the bed. I had a bakflip MX4 on my last truck and would recommend the Bak 10 times over before the leer if you are strictly looking for a folding cover
Sponsored