First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A 360 Camera 7.2KW
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the Leer and sent it right back the same day I put it on my truck. I couldn’t comprehend why they would leave the 2nd to last panel without a latch to lock to the rail. I was able to pull it up enough to get an arm inside the bed. I had a bakflip MX4 on my last truck and would recommend the Bak 10 times over before the leer if you are strictly looking for a folding cover
I have the LEER HF650M and you got me wondering. So I just came back to verify my cover and I'm not sure how you were able to get your arm inside of it. The only panel without a latch is the second from the tailgate. I guess if you used a pry bar to force it maybe. In that scenario someone who want to steal from it won't bother and will force it enough to break it open
Sponsored

brettp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4
I have the LEER HF650M and you got me wondering. So I just came back to verify my cover and I'm not sure how you were able to get your arm inside of it. The only panel without a latch is the second from the tailgate. I guess if you used a pry bar to force it maybe. In that scenario someone who want to steal from it won't bother and will force it enough to break it open
I should’ve taken a picture so I could show it. Either way, I can’t understand why you wouldn’t have a panel that latches down….makes no sense

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I installed the 650, and think it's great. I've never had a cover before at all, so I have nothing to compare it to. I did like the lack of wide rails, drain tubes, etc. I do expect it to keep out honest people, but not shed off a monsoon. I think my expectations have been met.

Last edited:

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Anyone know of a good deal on the Leer HF650M? Think I am finally going to pull the trigger on one. Thanks

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 3.5 eco boost king ranch
Occupation
Carpenter
[/QUOTE]
Update: After two rain events, the bed was still dry (y).

I wasn’t driving in the rain, truck was sitting outside but I feel confident my stuff won’t get wet.
how’s this cover holding up after 2.5 yrs? I’m considering it for my 21
Sponsored