Sponsored

Ford F-150 Hybrid - Consumer Reports LEAST reliable vehicle of 2022

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Consumer Reports starts out well with a survey of all their subscribers each year asking about which make and model of vehicles they own and what problems or repairs needed to be made. The problem is that what might be a very accurate report for cars and trucks that have been in use for 5 or more years is not accurate for vehicles that are new and been in use for only a couple of years.

I agree with their putting Jeep and Mercedes on the list as these are not at all reliable vehicles. The Toyota are rightly considered highly reliable and I have put more than 170,000 miles on four 4WD Toyota pickups and when I sold them everything worked perfectly and the only work done was regular serving/replacement of the clutch, water pump, brakes, and filters. I could schedule the work to be done when it was convenient to do so.

A problem with pickup trucks is all the new stuff that has been added over the years like power brakes and steering, power seats and power windows, heated seats and heating steering wheels, multiple cameras and collsion detection, entertainment systems with LED displays, and even power tailgates and onboard generators. More stuff means more stuff to break. My first truck has a heater, an AM/FM radio and a manual transmission, and nothing more.

The 4WD vehicle most in demand in Latin America is the Toyota Land Cruiser with its solid front axle and no power options to break. Ads don't even mention the kilometers on the odometer as it is not considered important for the buyer.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
29,000 trouble free miles here

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
Since I already have my Powerboost with the 7.2Kw Pro Power On Board, in my own selfish world, I do not care much about this kind of report. My Powerboost now has almost 23k miles with about 4300 of them towing a TT. I've had the recall items completed with little inconvenience. Apparently, my dealer is much better at service than some other dealers. Still waiting on the wiper motor, though. I also had the PCM reset due to rough shifting, again with no service issues. Oh yes, my gas cap cover latch also broke, Dealer fixed under warranty in a few hours. The truck has never had to spend the night at the dealer. All the work has been same day.

It is hard to tell from a forum how widespread some problems are and how many people have relatively few issues. I think most of us are aware that the bad stuff gets far more attention than the good stuff.

I genuinely feel bad for those of you who have had bigger problems, on the other hand, I am thrilled with my truck and its capabilities, especially dispersed camping with our trailer. Reliability has not been an issue for me.

Deeber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 PowerBoost
Occupation
Data Architect
Consumer Reports is terribly biased. Would not trust them with a vacuum cleaner review let alone for a vehicle.
Consumer Reports should be an additional resource NOT the defacto rule of law.
IMHO they lost their reliability status with the Toyota BS years ago!

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Super weird.

45,855 miles and the only thing it went in for was when they broke the under tray after doing my oil change. Dealer ate that one.

Personal Opinion: CR is a garbage periodical that tries to compare a full size truck to a Prius. Their opinion means fcuk all to me.
Sponsored