First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
a happy customer is valuable, a disgruntled customer is a liability!

How true. A happy customer will usually tell 1 or 2 people...an unhappy one will tell (on average) 9 to 10 people. I was taught this while working for Nortel out of Richardson, TX in a customer facing role.
Sponsored

keithw1975

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 302A, 2023 Explorer ST, 1999 Ram 3500
While these trouble prone new F150's may not be in the majority, I certainly find them discouraging. This will (or would) be my first Ford product. I'm buying from a distant dealer (Granger in Iowa) due to their aggressive pricing. Now I'm wondering how receptive my local dealer will be to wrestle with these kinds of issues, if they appear in a truck they didn't sell. Before buying, the local dealer tells me they make almost no money on sales (at MSRP pricing) and the dealership is carried primarily by service. (Absolutely false, of course. The profit from a MSRP sale, before the 'automatic' $1300 "Desert Prep" gee dunk they put on each truck, is almost 10% when including the hold back). I can easily imagine that same dealer, presented with extensive warrantee work for a vehicle not purchased there, whining about the service cost associated with one of these F150 problem children.

Jack
I picked up my Powerboost from Granger 2 weeks ago. I had a 2.5 hour drive back down towards KC. Ever since picking it up the truck has had zero issues. The fit and finish is top notch. Every time I shut the doors it amazes me how tightly they seal and how solid they sound. So don’t get the idea the problems are rampant.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
I picked up my Powerboost from Granger 2 weeks ago. I had a 2.5 hour drive back down towards KC. Ever since picking it up the truck has had zero issues. The fit and finish is top notch. Every time I shut the doors it amazes me how tightly they seal and how solid they sound. So don’t get the idea the problems are rampant.
First off, it's a factory warranty not a dealer warranty, the dealer is paid/reimbursed from Ford for the service on vehicles no matter where you bought it or how much of a deal you did or didn't get when you purchased it. these things have been the number one seller for many years and I doubt that would be the case if the dealer/service/vehicle ownership experience was as bad as it's often portrayed on these forums. Yes, there are crappy dealers out there and I unlike a few in this thread am fortunate enough to have a choice of dealers around me (and therefore the option to avoid substandard ones) but those of you that don't have the ability to contact ford directly and remind them that you chose their product and spent your money, not that you were forced to buy this product...in this age of social media I can't imagine a well crafted complaint going unanswered...and I find it very hard to believe that I'm in the minority when it comes to being happy with my dealer/service department/salesperson

Last edited:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
First off, it's a factory warranty not a dealer warranty, the dealer is paid/reimbursed from for the service on vehicles no matter where you bought it or how much of a deal you did or didn't get when you purchased it. these things have been the number one seller for many years and I doubt that would be the case if the dealer/service/vehicle ownership experience was as bad as it's often portrayed on these forums. Yes, there are crappy dealers out there and I unlike a few in this thread am fortunate enough to have a choice of dealers around me (and therefore the option to avoid substandard ones) but those of you that don't have the ability to contact ford directly and remind them that you chose their product and spent your money, not that you were forced to buy this product...in this age of social media I can't imagine a well crafted complaint going unanswered...and I find it very hard to believe that I'm in the minority when it comes to being happy with my dealer/service department/salesperson
You never hear from the happy customers only the unhappy ones

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead

Sponsored

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
My brand new 21 platinum Powerboost is still in the shop from the day it was delivered but Dealer (Bozeman Ford) has been top notch to work with so far. And it’s not like they broke the truck, it arrived very busted.

So far they’ve replaced the DC-DC converter and some wiring harnesses they thought melted or were shorting. Nothing positive yet. Unfortunately.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
My brand new 21 platinum Powerboost is still in the shop from the day it was delivered but Dealer (Bozeman Ford) has been top notch to work with so far. And it’s not like they broke the truck, it arrived very busted.

So far they’ve replaced the DC-DC converter and some wiring harnesses they thought melted or were shorting. Nothing positive yet. Unfortunately.
Very sorry to hear this. Hopefully it’s a 1-time issue and will be good to go.

Xhaxol

First Name
Vit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost 2021
I don't have my truck yet but I asked my dealer yesterday about the reality of this sort of scenario and his statement to me was that he'd send a flatbed and a loner to my house, yes I have a long running multivehicle history with my dealer and salesman but it doesn't seem out of the realm for a dealer to do such a thing for a new vehicle that is under warranty. My dealer's attitude is that a happy customer is valuable, a disgruntled customer is a liability!
I wish more dealers had this kind of mindset.

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
I wish more dealers had this kind of mindset.
My dealer, Bozeman Ford, gave me a brand new Bronco Sport as a loaner and it's almost been two weeks and I offered to give it back since I have another car and they haven't cared to take it back.

And the comments about how we only hear about the numerator of customers with issues without knowing the denominator of happy / total customers is very true. I ran a huge business once and this was always the case. The F-150 is going to be a huge success, but in this thread we're here to talk about our hiccups. :)

Sponsored

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Industrial Equipment Sales
My Build One, 2021 Platinum PB is headed back to the dealer for the fourth time in 11 months. Total time in shop over six weeks so far. Truck has had windshield wiper replacement for recall on order about six months and no parts are coming in on that one at all.

Brake booster replaced under warranty after several loss of braking events, but it happened again recently. Numerous cases of trans hunting while revs varied wildly and power was lost, with very hard "downshifts" which I now believe are actually two gears engaging at once. Rough acceleration in bottom 3 gears since new, truck is start/stop equipped but remapping to delay ICE operation would probably fix that.

BC needs the updates, especially the lane center adjustment as truck would have hit 18-wheel T/Tl's numerous times if I hadn't intervened. Adaptive cruise is unpredictable in engagement distance when overtaking traffic. It will hit the brakes needlessly, which has caused following drivers to salute me frequently. Gas mileage dropped 2-3mpg after a 3-1/2 week dealer stint in April for numerous software-related reprogramming.

And Ford sacrificed substantial seat comfort by narrowing seats to accommodate the ridiculously-wide work surface. I have used that about 10 times. I use the seat every time I drive, get the point, Ford? Not to mention the top won't stay up even after new hinges.

Finally the handling with the 6-1/2 foot bed is horrible. Rolls and sways like a boat compared to my 2013 with a 5-1/2' bed. Put Bilstein 5100's on back, can't find anyone to put fronts on. Also have a rear sway bar that needs install, but why does Ford not offer one stock? Oh yeah, lawyers.

This platform is brilliant when it works. But that is only part time. If Ford reads this, I'm ready for you to repurchase this truck. Maybe you can reverse-engineer its' faults and apply some fixes.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My Build One, 2021 Platinum PB is headed back to the dealer for the fourth time in 11 months. Total time in shop over six weeks so far. Truck has had windshield wiper replacement for recall on order about six months and no parts are coming in on that one at all.

Brake booster replaced under warranty after several loss of braking events, but it happened again recently. Numerous cases of trans hunting while revs varied wildly and power was lost, with very hard "downshifts" which I now believe are actually two gears engaging at once. Rough acceleration in bottom 3 gears since new, truck is start/stop equipped but remapping to delay ICE operation would probably fix that.

BC needs the updates, especially the lane center adjustment as truck would have hit 18-wheel T/Tl's numerous times if I hadn't intervened. Adaptive cruise is unpredictable in engagement distance when overtaking traffic. It will hit the brakes needlessly, which has caused following drivers to salute me frequently. Gas mileage dropped 2-3mpg after a 3-1/2 week dealer stint in April for numerous software-related reprogramming.

And Ford sacrificed substantial seat comfort by narrowing seats to accommodate the ridiculously-wide work surface. I have used that about 10 times. I use the seat every time I drive, get the point, Ford? Not to mention the top won't stay up even after new hinges.

Finally the handling with the 6-1/2 foot bed is horrible. Rolls and sways like a boat compared to my 2013 with a 5-1/2' bed. Put Bilstein 5100's on back, can't find anyone to put fronts on. Also have a rear sway bar that needs install, but why does Ford not offer one stock? Oh yeah, lawyers.

This platform is brilliant when it works. But that is only part time. If Ford reads this, I'm ready for you to repurchase this truck. Maybe you can reverse-engineer its' faults and apply some fixes.

Hey there. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and some more details on the issues your F-150 is currently experiencing? I would like to see what I can do to assist.