• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Hey Gary, I wouldn't be surprised if you were the first to get a Lightning delivery out of all of us here. We have all read Ford's statements about how invitees will be determined for each wave, but more and more I'm thinking there is some special sauce included in the formula that Ford isn't revealing. And it probably DEFINITELY comes down to your relationship with a dealer - and if you've been a long time customer. If you get yours in the Spring please come back and post a few pics!
Yeah for sure, it would be a huge surprise if someone is able to order a Lightning without a Reservation.

Another possibility is the dealer could have had Salesman Reserve Lightnings and those will be used to sell to customers. Who knows, but I am interested to find out what happens.
Sponsored

Gary Gattis

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 C Max energi, 2015 C Max energi, 2017 Explore
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
My kid graduated from HS with my salesman's girl and they both graduated at MIT together. Ray Bowen will do the best he can for me. If I do get to order I'll post pictures of everything including the installation of the 80amp charger.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Yeah for sure, it would be a huge surprise if someone is able to order a Lightning without a Reservation.

Another possibility is the dealer could have had Salesman Reserve Lightnings and those will be used to sell to customers. Who knows, but I am interested to find out what happens.
I read Lightning orders will require a positive ID to verify the person named on the order is a bona fide customer and not a straw purchaser.
Now what might happen is when the "Mannequin" becomes available Mr. Great Long Term Customer might get to the front of the line on that.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Maybe Ford is letting dealers prioritize loyal customers who don't even have reservations. That's contrary to my understanding, though.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Maybe Ford is letting dealers prioritize loyal customers who don't even have reservations. That's contrary to my understanding, though.
The leaked Ford document says dealers can prioritize loyal customers who are reservation holders, which seems to confirm that "no ticky, no shirty"

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
The leaked Ford document says dealers can prioritize loyal customers who are reservation holders, which seems to confirm that "no ticky, no shirty"
I think your logic is sound but I can't shake the feeling there's no way Ford is going to leave its dealership network without any options to show anything on the sales floor or sell a unit or few to the lifelong customers who, let's be honest, might not be all too savvy using the internet to reserve an EV truck of all things.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I think your logic is sound but I can't shake the feeling there's no way Ford is going to leave its dealership network without any options to show anything on the sales floor or sell a unit or few to the lifelong customers who, let's be honest, might not be all too savvy using the internet to reserve an EV truck of all things.
Ford might do the same thing they did with the MME. Dealerships were given demo units shortly after deliveries started, but they were not permitted to sell those vehicles for several months. People could test drive the units but not buy them and take them home.

Gary Gattis

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
I ask for a reservation and a verbal agreement is good in the State. I choose to go to my dealer to make sure I had a reservation. When I found out about the reservation I think around September I went to the dealership and said I want a reservation. I think I was the first to ask about getting a reservation when I ask. I let my salesman handle it but most here think I don't have a reservation because I didn't get a number. I got concerned when Ford stopped taking reservations and called to let him know. He said he will hear something in January. I think I was first but that doesn't matter because the dealership only gets so many allotments and I'm SOL if I can't get one they can order for me. What ever options I have I'm a Ford man for life lol.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I ask for a reservation and a verbal agreement is good in the State. I choose to go to my dealer to make sure I had a reservation. When I found out about the reservation I think around September I went to the dealership and said I want a reservation. I think I was the first to ask about getting a reservation when I ask. I let my salesman handle it but most here think I don't have a reservation because I didn't get a number. I got concerned when Ford stopped taking reservations and called to let him know. He said he will hear something in January. I think I was first but that doesn't matter because the dealership only gets so many allotments and I'm SOL if I can't get one they can order for me. What ever options I have I'm a Ford man for life lol.
Dealers can't make reservations for the Lightning. The only way to make a Lightning reservation was online directly through Ford.

Unless the dealer logged on to the Ford website pretending to be you in order to make a reservation, I highly doubt you have a reservation.

I hope it works out for you, but I would be very skeptical if I were you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda C5, Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
RN
Dealers can't make reservations for the Lightning. The only way to make a Lightning reservation was online directly through Ford.

Unless the dealer logged on to the Ford website pretending to be you in order to make a reservation, I highly doubt you have a reservation.

I hope it works out for you, but I would be very skeptical if I were you.
I was thinking that exact thing as I read this. Perhaps the dealer set up an account for him and took care of reserving the Lightning in his name, trying to be helpful to a long time customer.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Problem is, reservations have been disabled for a while now. So the salesperson, if they exist, is lying.

Gary Gattis

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
No way in hell you’re the first to get a reservation by calling in September lol. I hope it works out for you but I don’t think it will unless they screw someone else over. Probably an ignorant sales person that doesn’t know how it all works.
I think he knows how it works and he knows me. When I found out about the all electric Lightning I went to my dealer to order one. I wanted to get on the list so I could order as soon as possible. If my salesman didn't understand the process and is the top salesman in the dealership then something is wrong. At least I brought it to their attention of the internet reservation out there and maybe I went to late to the dealer. I would think a dealer that had a customer with a long history of buying Fords from their dealership (and having them repaired) would have a good chance at driving the best Ford ever built. I have another interest in gas and electric cars and I have hypermiling hobbies to go as far as possible on gas or electric battery power. I want to see how far I can drive on a single battery charge in the Lightning. I have doubled EPA estimates in competition and my '13 C Max Energi only had a lifetime MPG of 912mpg when I sold it. I only used the free tank of gas from when I purchased the Energi. I sold the car to my brother with only 500 miles on the engine and he still drives it today. I went 15,000 miles on one tank of gas lol. I want to break 1000 miles on a single charge of the F-150 to show what is possible and still drive with the flow of traffic. I think I have as good a chance of anyone to get a 2022 Ford Lighting.