First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I thought it was me but this is the second time I used my fob to start my truck and when I got in I couldn’t initially get the radio to turn on. Eventually I played around with it and it about blew my eardrums away. So I could t get the radio to come on. Also, the heated seat was on on high and I did not put it on. Anyone else have this weird stuff happen?
Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I thought it was me but this is the second time I used my fob to start my truck and when I got in I couldn’t initially get the radio to turn on. Eventually I played around with it and it about blew my eardrums away. So I could t get the radio to come on. Also, the heated seat was on on high and I did not put it on. Anyone else have this weird stuff happen?
No problems with radio but my seat is on high after remote start. I wonder if it senses the temp outside and adjust accordingly?

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
No problems with radio but my seat is on high after remote start. I wonder if it senses the temp outside and adjust accordingly?
you can set it to “auto” and it will attempt to make the interior cabin 74 degrees and turn on seat heaters depending on temp, or you can set it to default to last used settings and it will revert to whatever you last had climate control set to.

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
When you tried to turn on the radio, had you stepped on the brake pedal and pushed the Start button? When you remote start, the accessories are off and you have to turn the truck on to enable them.

OP
OP
RJL1400

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
you can set it to “auto” and it will attempt to make the interior cabin 74 degrees and turn on seat heaters depending on temp, or you can set it to default to last used settings and it will revert to whatever you last had climate control set to.
Yes but I had the temp on off so it was surprising

Sponsored

OP
OP
RJL1400

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
When you tried to turn on the radio, had you stepped on the brake pedal and pushed the Start button? When you remote start, the accessories are off and you have to turn the truck on to enable them.
Yes I did

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Yes but I had the temp on off so it was surprising
So the way the system works if it is set to automatic under remote start in your settings is: the system will automatically attempt to bring the interior temperature to 72 degrees and the heated/cooled seats will come on as needed. When you get in and press the start button, the HVAC will resume your last used settings, but the seat will stay on.

OP
OP
RJL1400

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
So the way the system works if it is set to automatic under remote start in your settings is: the system will automatically attempt to bring the interior temperature to 72 degrees and the heated/cooled seats will come on as needed. When you get in and press the start button, the HVAC will resume your last used settings, but the seat will stay on.
Ok thank you for the info
Sponsored