Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I’m curious….

anyone else notice a change in the remote key fob proximity? I have keyless start and When I first bought the truck (December of 2020) I would step out of the truck to open the back door for something and the trunk would give a light honk just if the key fob was even a few feet away from the drivers seat. Or jumping out to get a little snow off the windows. Was kind of annoying to take my key out of my pocket just to step out of the truck.

yesterday I was in a parking lot and hopped out to toss some trash in a can that was 30 feet away. Walked in front of the trunk waiting for the honk and nothing happened. Makes me wonder if one of the OTA updates changed this. Pleasantly surprised if it did. maybe another minor improvement ford doesn’t tell us about with their updates that have no information? Or, maybe a fluke….
Sponsored

Prospectorguy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350
Occupation
Working hard at Retired
"I would step out of the truck to open the back door for something and the trunk would give a light honk "

Your truck has a trunk and it honks? I did not see that option when I ordered my truck.

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
"I would step out of the truck to open the back door for something and the trunk would give a light honk "

Your truck has a trunk and it honks? I did not see that option when I ordered my truck.
you found a typo. seems like you could find the trunk option.
Sponsored