First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT F150
Occupation
Retired
Hi Everyone, My first post here and I have a question.
Why doesn't Ford allow specific climate control settings for remote start when temps are below 32 degrees? It can't be all that hard to do I wouldn't think since its computer controlled. Living near Buffalo, it would be nice to have the defrost go to full setting when the temps are below freezing. I know I can do this on the (set to last setting option) but I don't want to have to set this up every time I exit the truck for the day. As it is now when I remote and get into the vehicle 10+ minutes later the windshield is a little over half defrosted when it would be completely clear if the setting were on full. I'm not sure what speed the fan is running on remote but if I had to guess I would say mid range. There are other settings i would love to control also like the heated seats.
Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Yes, it would be nice. My wife has a 2022 Grand Cherokee and anytime it gets below 32 degrees, the heated steering wheel and heated seats turn on automatic.

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I guess it's too variable to be cost effective. Here in the desert SW it's so dry that it could be 20 out and not a huge demand for defrost. I do agree it should be controllable but then "climate control settings on remote start" already sounds like a subscription option. I'm sure they just have not found a way to sell it yet.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi Everyone, My first post here and I have a question.
Why doesn't Ford allow specific climate control settings for remote start when temps are below 32 degrees? It can't be all that hard to do I wouldn't think since its computer controlled. Living near Buffalo, it would be nice to have the defrost go to full setting when the temps are below freezing. I know I can do this on the (set to last setting option) but I don't want to have to set this up every time I exit the truck for the day. As it is now when I remote and get into the vehicle 10+ minutes later the windshield is a little over half defrosted when it would be completely clear if the setting were on full. I'm not sure what speed the fan is running on remote but if I had to guess I would say mid range. There are other settings i would love to control also like the heated seats.
As far as I know it does, you have to go into sync and set it to automatic for it to work. I put mine to last seating because I was tired of the heated seats coming on with my starts when it is cool outside.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Switching Auto On
  1. Using the information display controls on the steering wheel, select Settings.
  1. Select Vehicle Settings.
  1. Select Remote Start.
  1. Select Climate Control.
  1. Switch Auto on.
Note: If you switch Auto on, the system attempts to heat or cool the interior to 72°F (22°C).
Note: The heated windshield, heated rear window, heated mirrors, heated seats and heated steering wheel could turn on in cold weather.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Denny4

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT F150
Occupation
Retired
As far as I know it does, you have to go into sync and set it to automatic for it to work. I put mine to last seating because I was tired of the heated seats coming on with my starts when it is cool outside.
I agree with you about the heated seats. They come on full when you when push the start button during remote start, which is why I have them turned off. Wouldn't you think when its below freezing that the seats would come on during remote start so when you get in the seats are warm. Isn't that the whole purpose of remote start to warm everything up / or cool down in hot climates?

OP
OP

Denny4

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT F150
Occupation
Retired
Switching Auto On
  1. Using the information display controls on the steering wheel, select Settings.
  2. Select Vehicle Settings.
  3. Select Remote Start.
  4. Select Climate Control.
  5. Switch Auto on.
Note: If you switch Auto on, the system attempts to heat or cool the interior to 72°F (22°C).
Note: The heated windshield, heated rear window, heated mirrors, heated seats and heated steering wheel could turn on in cold weather.
Thanks Nvabill, What I would like is the defroster (which is very powerful) to come on full to defrost the windows when the temps outdoors is below 32 degrees.. The windshield and side windows would be clear if it was on the full setting after over 10 minutes. I guess I have to accept the fact that the truck is warm inside when I get in it so I can turn the defrost on high and then wait another few minutes to get the frost off the windshields and to be able to roll down my frozen drivers side window to get my liquid gold (coffee) in the AM.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks Nvabill, What I would like is the defroster (which is very powerful) to come on full to defrost the windows when the temps outdoors is below 32 degrees.. The windshield and side windows would be clear if it was on the full setting after over 10 minutes. I guess I have to accept the fact that the truck is warm inside when I get in it so I can turn the defrost on high and then wait another few minutes to get the frost off the windshields and to be able to roll down my frozen drivers side window to get my liquid gold (coffee) in the AM.
Yeah honestly we have had a mild winter here in Virginia so I haven't been able to see exactly how temperature works the system.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Yes, it would be nice. My wife has a 2022 Grand Cherokee and anytime it gets below 32 degrees, the heated steering wheel and heated seats turn on automatic.
My Lariat does this and not necessarily when it's 32 degrees either. I don't know what the temperature activation is. I am going to assume anything lower than 50. My wife has a 2022 Compass but I like it's "auto" logic better than my truck's though.

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
On my 2013, when set to auto temps, when it was cold, my defrost would come on high and after 10 minutes or so, my truck was warm and the windows were defrosted.
My 2021, when set the same, hardly blows any air out at all, my seats and wheel do not come on at all until I get in the truck and press the ignition button. Very frustrating to have to set the temps to last setting, just to get the truck warm in 10 minutes, but the wheel and seats never come on when remote started.

Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here you go, my truck doesn't have the heated wheel but if it did it would be with the seat setting.
Ford F-150 Remote start settings thumbnail_IMG_0752
Ford F-150 Remote start settings thumbnail_IMG_0753
Ford F-150 Remote start settings thumbnail_IMG_0754
Ford F-150 Remote start settings thumbnail_IMG_0755

OP
OP

Denny4

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT F150
Occupation
Retired
On my 2013, when set to auto temps, when it was cold, my defrost would come on high and after 10 minutes or so, my truck was warm and the windows were defrosted.
My 2021, when set the same, hardly blows any air out at all, my seats and wheel do not come on at all until I get in the truck and press the ignition button. Very frustrating to have to set the temps to last setting, just to get the truck warm in 10 minutes, but the wheel and seats never come on when remote started.
You nailed it Team Canada!! How hard would it be to allow the consumer to customize those settings? The trucks high beams come on automatically, there are sensors up the yin yang on it and if you put the truck shifter in drive and open the drivers door, the shift lever moves by itself to the park position but we can't adjust the climate positions on remote start. Come on FORD!

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Not sure if there are differences with the powerboosts or not but I am in Mass ( not as bad as Canada but not Florida either!) and I have it set to auto and I only need 5-10 min and my truck is fully defrosted and warm enough that I need to turn things down when I get in. Also cooler than I need in the summer as well.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
My 2023 STX automatically turns on the heated mirrors, interior heat, and rear window defroster every morning via remote start. The STX has manual control heat so it will get very very warm if you let it run the full 15 minutes as it won’t throttle it back. If the exterior temp reads cold it just sets everything to full heat mode. Even if I left the knob to cold the day before it still blasts heat when I remote start it. I’ve learned not to add minutes to the remote start on the FordPass app, after 15 minutes the truck is very warm and defrosted all the way around because it turns out it automatically closes those louvers in front of the radiator to heat up fast.
Sponsored

Last edited: