Sponsored

First Warranty repair - Charging System Service Now (Charge System Fault)

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
So ProPower defaults to “On” every time the truck is started? Kinda like that pesky “Auto Stop/Start” crap?

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I ordered mine today to beat the price increase, truck isn't even here yet but close. Lol
Wait we can purchase extended warranty before having the truck in hand?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Wait we can purchase extended warranty before having the truck in hand?
If you have a VIN, I just purchased mine from Flood.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
As one of the lucky few who has gotten their truck already, I’ll be one of the lucky few to be taking their truck in for their first warranty repair. This happened today:

32E5417D-8547-4A39-8E89-1DD646933D03.jpeg

9A9E7FD2-4794-4815-950D-AE69428AC957.png

Pro power on board defaults to ON when the truck starts. The cooling fan for the battery pack or inverter or whatever is under the back seat (behind the driver) has consistently been on unless pro power is turned off. Not sure if it’s related.

Interested in what they do to fix it. - Actual fix.

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you have a VIN, I just purchased mine from Flood.
Well damn I might as well jump on that! Price increase is next week right? or was it this week?

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I ordered mine today to beat the price increase, truck isn't even here yet but close. Lol
Yeah! I went with the $100 deductible and 8yr 150k. Also, loving the Ecoboost and see that they still don’t care to schedule the diesels. So I’m happy.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dealer contacted me today. Ford engineers have been contacted and probably will be dispatched to diagnose the problem. The dealership can’t find what’s wrong but did verify that there is an issue with the 12v system.

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Dealer contacted me today. Ford engineers have been contacted and probably will be dispatched to diagnose the problem. The dealership can’t find what’s wrong but did verify that there is an issue with the 12v system.
good luck. here is hoping they make a software update to change the pro power to be constantly on... for one thing, it's annoying!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
good luck. here is hoping they make a software update to change the pro power to be constantly on... for one thing, it's annoying!
Seriously. The fan running all the time and the pro power potentially draining the battery is annoying. Definitely a really sour start to ownership. I went 7 months waiting for this truck only to give it back to the dealer in 4 days.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Corey, when you say "constantly on" do you mean "turns on when detects a load (i.e. you plug something in the outlet"? I don't think you want constantly on, which adds resistance to the engine to run the generator. Even with the 400W inverter, you get worse gas mileage once you plug anything into the outlet that draws a load. That's why I always told my kids to not plug in their laptops while we're driving, charge the night before we hit the road and use battery until you need to charge. And for phones don't use the wall brick use my 12V DC dual Qi fast charger.

It sounds like you have to physically go in the Sync4 GUI and turn on propower to turn on outlets? There is no auto-detect load setting?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Seriously. The fan running all the time and the pro power potentially draining the battery is annoying. Definitely a really sour start to ownership. I went 7 months waiting for this truck only to give it back to the dealer in 4 days.
Is this the fan in the inverter under the 60% seat? Sorry I don't own one yet so I'm asking a lot of questions!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Corey/Keith/Mickle, do any of you have an inductive (hall effect) ammeter? I mean the kind you clip around a wire to measure current

If so, Keith could see if he's getting a big vampire load by clipping around the battery red lead. And Corey/Mickle could find out what kind of current draw that fan is causing by turning it on and off. You would not have to do any fancy surgery to break the circuit or even touch the leads.

I mean a meter like this (the one I have): https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-T...eWyBj6jur6qX3EhCGJxoCJMAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Corey, when you say "constantly on" do you mean "turns on when detects a load (i.e. you plug something in the outlet"? I don't think you want constantly on, which adds resistance to the engine to run the generator. Even with the 400W inverter, you get worse gas mileage once you plug anything into the outlet that draws a load. That's why I always told my kids to not plug in their laptops while we're driving, charge the night before we hit the road and use battery until you need to charge. And for phones don't use the wall brick use my 12V DC dual Qi fast charger.

It sounds like you have to physically go in the Sync4 GUI and turn on propower to turn on outlets? There is no auto-detect load setting?
Even with nothing plugged in, it defaults to on when the truck is turned on. Just like auto start stop. When pro power is turned off in sync, *all* truck outlets turn off too apparently.
Sponsored