Sponsored

Any real solution for the "Charging System Service Soon" message?

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Hopefully, this part fixes the problem!

If so, please scan and post a copy of your service receipt with part number, for the benefit of others.
Sponsored

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
How about an update? I have the same problem.

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
Just an update that the message remains clear but the dealer called and said Ford now knows why it happened and is sending a part for a repair.
what was the part that they replaced? Mine is doing this and in the meantime I’m going to turn my SOC up in forscan and top it off myself.

I’ve seen “12v battery low” before and used to go into deep sleep mode every time I parked but that hasn’t happened in a bit and now this.

OP
OP
StrandedHere

StrandedHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
what was the part that they replaced? Mine is doing this and in the meantime I’m going to turn my SOC up in forscan and top it off myself.

I’ve seen “12v battery low” before and used to go into deep sleep mode every time I parked but that hasn’t happened in a bit and now this.
sorry I'm just checking back now. It was something to do with the 12v battery wiring harness. Next time I have it in I'll ask them for specifics.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
A significant number of folks solved this by replacing the sh*t OEM battery with an aftermarket one. Have you tried that yet?

Sponsored

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
sorry I'm just checking back now. It was something to do with the 12v battery wiring harness. Next time I have it in I'll ask them for specifics.
I topped my battery off myself after changing the soc to 95% and then reset the bms. Been fine since so theres that atleast.

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Just found this thread and thought I would add my experience:

I recently bought and installed a used Berger BMS pedal tuner. Was fun for a few days squeaking tires, but eventually landed on a very detuned setting (close to stock). Now I need to say I wouldn’t normally buy one of these but I got a deal, so what the hell.

After 4 days of town driving, I hit the highway (90 miles one way) and had the same warning as mentioned in this thread pop up. I obviously couldn’t go to a dealer, so I just did nothing. It would come on every 10 minutes or so… sometimes more frequently.

When I got home I uninstalled the pedal tuner, disconnected the battery, tested the battery (12.8v) and went for a drive (30 miles). No warning flashes.

Fingers crossed I’m in the clear.

Truck deets: ‘21 F150, 3.5eb, 52k miles, some minor Forsc

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Ford F-150 Any real solution for the "Charging System Service Soon" message? IMG_2441

Btw, here’s the warning I was getting. “Service Now” seems a bit ominous. Glad it was the alternator like I first thought.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
These posts seem to always look at the problem from the system/computer side of things. I offer a look at things from the battery side. What does the battery need to have a proper charge? Depends on temperature. In wintertime up north and out west, on a cold morning you should see around 15.2 VDC right after starting. As the engine compartment and the battery warm up system voltage should drop to around 13VDC. If the plates have been partially coated by impurities, the no load terminal voltage would look normal. Only under load would a battery with plates partially coated deliver a lower voltage than expected. There have been so many complaints about batteries that I believe something Ford did caused a large number of OEM batteries to be defective. I saw that, got a new drop in NAPA Battery, and not a peep since out of the truck. Remember, just because it tests normal, unless under a load test, doesn't mean the battery is good.

Last edited:

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Damn, just got this message in the instrument cluster after a FordPass remote start this morning on my 2021 with 26k miles. It is cold at 46 F this morning. Maybe a fluke or the OEM battery is nearing its end after 2.5 yrs. Ugh.

Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Damn, just got this message in the instrument cluster after a FordPass remote start this morning on my 2021 with 26k miles. It is cold at 46 F this morning. Maybe a fluke or the OEM battery is nearing its end after 2.5 yrs. Ugh.
The OEM battery started it's life near the end. These crap H6 batteries they are putting in all the trucks, especially the PB, are ridiculous. Just about everyone has appeared to resolve these issues with an upgrade to an H7 or H8 (can't fit a PB on H8 though).

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
The OEM battery started it's life near the end. These crap H6 batteries they are putting in all the trucks, especially the PB, are ridiculous. Just about everyone has appeared to resolve these issues with an upgrade to an H7 or H8 (can't fit a PB on H8 though).
Mine came with a H7 and has been rock solid for 2.5yrs. It's never had an issue. This morning I did a cold morning FordPass app remote start for the first time this winter and got the message.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Mine came with a H7 and has been rock solid for 2.5yrs. It's never had an issue. This morning I did a cold morning FordPass app remote start for the first time this winter and got the message.
Yeah, I always forget that the 2021s have better grade equipment than all of the others.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Drove to work today with fan on 5+ for ~14mi and ~25min. Left work, normal start, error message but started no issue. Can I just check battery resting voltage or do I need to have AutoZone to a batt test or something else? If I call a dealer, it'll be weeks before they'll look at it.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Tried the steps mentioned in this thread https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/factory-battery-ongoing-issues.22496/post-437660 this morning. I also kept the fan speed on 7 during my 14mi 25min commute this morning. Took the truck out for lunch and no more error message. Then I idled for 30min with the PB going on and off. Then turned it off for 30min, restarted, and still no more error message. Will see if that fixed it or not.
Sponsored