First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
1. Could you elaborate on the update process. Is it as laid out in this thread?:

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18751

How do you get the fmfu tab to appear? I've been unsuccessful. Do you have to do anything in particular or does it just appear? I would like to confirm I already have the latest software as they told me in the other thread.

2. I re-enabled my auto leveling as having it off was giving me a check headlights message. Having it disabled did work for me in eliminating the reverse/inverse/exacerbating effect though. Anyway, now that they are enabled again, I'm not seeing any difference between the headlamp switch auto position and on position, no matter how I start the truck or position the switch. Puzzling because your chart shows it making a difference.
1. You likely are running a version of FORScan 2.3 and need 2.4 to do the firmware updates.
2. I’ll double check the next time I’m out at night but I’m pretty sure if the light switch is turned on (all the way clockwise) and not in AUTO my dynamic bending and leveling is disabled but don’t quote me on that until I verify. How I confirmed my testing, engine running lights auto, my headlight leveling was active. After that testing was complete I turned the truck off, and just turned the switch to the full clockwise (on) position which no range of motion test or leveling occurs then ran my tests again with the lights in the fixed position. That’s how that data was gathered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Update from my side - my truck is at Ford now and they verified my lights make zero attempt to level. They are using an engine crate in the bed of the truck for weight. They stated there is an update for my HCM available, but Ford servers are having issues today and they can't pull the update.

Hopefully they can successfully apply the update tomorrow and test again.

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
Update from my side - my truck is at Ford now and they verified my lights make zero attempt to level. They are using an engine crate in the bed of the truck for weight. They stated there is an update for my HCM available, but Ford servers are having issues today and they can't pull the update.

Hopefully they can successfully apply the update tomorrow and test again.
Fingers crossed for you they can get it updated and that fixes your issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Fingers crossed for you they can get it updated and that fixes your issue.
At least they validated the issue and agree it's not working as it should. That's always the first step! Better than the 'this is normal" or 'can't duplicate the problem' crap.

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
At least they validated the issue and agree it's not working as it should. That's always the first step! Better than the 'this is normal" or 'can't duplicate the problem' crap.
Absolutely! Glad you got that far. Hopefully your solution is as simple as an update.

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Dealer called, Ford's FDRS servers are still down. Did some googling and it does appear to be a widespread issue currently. At least the dealership is keeping me updated! Fingers crossed things are back online soon.

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Heard from the dealer, FDRS servers are back on-line and the HCM update has now been successfully applied to the truck. The dealer did their test again with weight in the bed and say the lights are now self leveling as they should! Great news!

I'm anxious to test them myself. :)

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
Heard from the dealer, FDRS servers are back on-line and the HCM update has now been successfully applied to the truck. The dealer did their test again with weight in the bed and say the lights are now self leveling as they should! Great news!

Great to hear!

Sponsored

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired

Thank you for the information. Puzzling because I was told I have the latest update yet mine still malfunction.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat

I'm curious what they actually did.

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Just picked up my truck. The paperwork says they performed a self test and retrieved DTC U0122 in the HCM for lost communications with vehicle dynamics module. Then performed HCM software update, performed HCM calibration and cleared set codes. Then verified the adaptive leveling headlights were operating correctly.

They for sure had a crate or something in the bed for weight since I can see dirt and smudges all over. Also, maybe it's placebo, but the CCD does not feel as floaty now either. Hoping I'm good to go now!

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Just picked up my truck. The paperwork says they performed a self test and retrieved DTC U0122 in the HCM for lost communications with vehicle dynamics module. Then performed HCM software update, performed HCM calibration and cleared set codes. Then verified the adaptive leveling headlights were operating correctly.

They for sure had a crate or something in the bed for weight since I can see dirt and smudges all over. Also, maybe it's placebo, but the CCD does not feel as floaty now either. Hoping I'm good to go now!
Fabulous, thx for the info! Now just need to find a competent dealer. :mad:

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Towed my setup over the weekend to a car race event. The last few hours of driving were at night and my headlights were still pointed at the moon. :( UGH…. Back to Ford it goes I guess.
Sponsored