First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
anyone else having this issue? i mean last time i checked i have no codes or error lights with my truck but i swear the headlights suck at everything other than AFS or when you turn they turn. that works haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
I would be really curious if your lights adjust at all if you lift the rear end of the truck with a Jack under the hitch to extend the rear suspension. Additionally if you use FORScan I would love to know what the values do on your height sensors and headlight values. The Raptor suspension is pretty soft causing some noticeable dive when breaking which I’m guessing is why I see some small adjustment after coming to a stop behind someone.
I can tell you the lights did nothing when slowing adding weight to the rear. I can try to raise the rear and see what happens. My gut tells me they won’t budge. I have not dabbled in forscan just yet unfortunately.

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Also have this problem. posting to subscribe.

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
Where’s all the FORScan savvy people at? I’d love to compare sensor data (height sensors as well as headlights) with respect to height sensor travel. I would give just about anything right now (in the name of science of course) to have another Raptor or really any LED high package headlight truck sitting side by side to my truck with our headlights on a wall and a jack under the hitch or similar means of adjusting rear height to compare how the lights react and what the data shows for the sensors in FORScan…I know what mine does and I’m 100% convinced it’s wrong but without codes or DTC’s present the truck clearly doesn’t think there’s an issue.

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Not too savvy, I'm betting antho on the other thread will be a better corroborator tho.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Quick update - I finally called my local Ford dealer and they confirmed my truck as optioned should have auto-leveling headlights. I have an appointment on Tuesday, September 5th for them to look at it.

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Quick update - I finally called my local Ford dealer and they confirmed my truck as optioned should have auto-leveling headlights. I have an appointment on Tuesday, September 5th for them to look at it.
Great! Please report back with the fix if successful.

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
@J17GT this issue is happening on your 2023 truck? I updated my headlight control module (2021 Raptor) with the 2023 HCM firmware/software and that has fixed my leveling issue on my 2021…interesting if it’s happening on your 2023 truck. Curious to hear what they say at service. One thing I have to ask though, your headlights are in AUTO and not ON correct? Your dynamic steer is working properly just not the leveling? Have you tested with a jack under the hitch to confirm they are adjusting (but the wrong direction which is what mine were doing) or aren’t adjusting at all? I went to pretty great lengths to collect data to prove to the service center mine was responding inverse to what they should be but then never took it in as I ended up getting into it myself with the help of @antho and after loading the 2023 firmware/software load mine function as they should.

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
@J17GT this issue is happening on your 2023 truck? I updated my headlight control module (2021 Raptor) with the 2023 HCM firmware/software and that has fixed my leveling issue on my 2021…interesting if it’s happening on your 2023 truck. Curious to hear what they say at service. One thing I have to ask though, your headlights are in AUTO and not ON correct? Your dynamic steer is working properly just not the leveling? Have you tested with a jack under the hitch to confirm they are adjusting (but the wrong direction which is what mine were doing) or aren’t adjusting at all? I went to pretty great lengths to collect data to prove to the service center mine was responding inverse to what they should be but then never took it in as I ended up getting into it myself with the help of @antho and after loading the 2023 firmware/software load mine function as they should.
Yes, happening on my 11/22 built 2023 truck with the headlights in AUTO mode. Correct the dynamic steer works as is should.

I never did jack up the rear of the truck by the hitch. I suppose I should make time to do that just to double check. I did all my testing with a trailer putting weight on the hitch slowly, weight off the hitch slowly. My lights make zero attempt to level at all. They do not move up or down after the initial startup dance sequence. I did confirm from that other thread that I do have the ride height sensors.

I’m hopefully Ford will just have to program, update or replace the HCM.

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
Yes, happening on my 11/22 built 2023 truck with the headlights in AUTO mode. Correct the dynamic steer works as is should.

I never did jack up the rear of the truck by the hitch. I suppose I should make time to do that just to double check. I did all my testing with a trailer putting weight on the hitch slowly, weight off the hitch slowly. My lights make zero attempt to level at all. They do not move up or down after the initial startup dance sequence. I did confirm from that other thread that I do have the ride height sensors.

I’m hopefully Ford will just have to program, update or replace the HCM.
Ah ok that’s right I remember you saying that now earlier. One thing I did to prove they were adjusting but in the wrong direction was tested (using a jack but you could use a trailer just the same) measure the fender lip to the ground, and I used 1” increments for testing, then had the truck positioned 50’ from a wall and took measurements every 1” of change from the fender lip to the ground. I must’ve posted that data on a different thread maybe I’d have to go back and look. I’ll post again here to save looking around for now though. One was done with the lights in AUTO and engine running while the other was with the engine off ignition off but lights ON so no leveling. My results were pretty clear. I used 300 lbs of sand bags on the tailgate for a light simulated load, then jacked up from there to compile my data.
Ford F-150 First tow and my auto leveling lights were blinding IMG_0648

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Find it interesting that you were able to change light behavior with a software update. Wonder if Ford is aware of the issue then if it was quietly changed at some point.

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
Find it interesting that you were able to change light behavior with a software update. Wonder if Ford is aware of the issue then if it was quietly changed at some point.
Talking with @antho he indicated that some 22 trucks have received an update and sounds like most 21’s got left behind without the update while the 23 trucks have the firmware load (ML34-14D067-BE) which seems to have corrected the leveling issue (at least for my truck and anthos truck which are both 21 raptor 801A trucks which had firmware version ML34-14D067-BB). I can’t speak for any non raptor trucks though and the raptors do have a different suspension height sensor setup etc, so they could be in fact be a different firmware than non raptor trucks too I’m not too savvy with all that stuff.

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
He did check on FDRS and there were no updates available for my HCM prior to trying the update on my own.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Talking with @antho he indicated that some 22 trucks have received an update and sounds like most 21’s got left behind without the update while the 23 trucks have the firmware load (ML34-14D067-BE) which seems to have corrected the leveling issue (at least for my truck and anthos truck which are both 21 raptor 801A trucks which had firmware version ML34-14D067-BB). I can’t speak for any non raptor trucks though and the raptors do have a different suspension height sensor setup etc, so they could be in fact be a different firmware than non raptor trucks too I’m not too savvy with all that stuff.
I think I can see those numbers in Forscan to satisfy my curiosity. I could have sworn I did an HCM update but I can't find it on my notes now.

I would guess no difference between Raptor and regular trucks. All would need to be self leveling and directional using the truck height sensors to level.

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
@J17GT

1. I updated my headlight control module (2021 Raptor) with the 2023 HCM firmware/software and that has fixed my leveling issue on my 2021

2. your headlights are in AUTO and not ON correct?
1. Could you elaborate on the update process. Is it as laid out in this thread?:

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18751

How do you get the fmfu tab to appear? I've been unsuccessful. Do you have to do anything in particular or does it just appear? I would like to confirm I already have the latest software as they told me in the other thread.

2. I re-enabled my auto leveling as having it off was giving me a check headlights message. Having it disabled did work for me in eliminating the reverse/inverse/exacerbating effect though. Anyway, now that they are enabled again, I'm not seeing any difference between the headlamp switch auto position and on position, no matter how I start the truck or position the switch. Puzzling because your chart shows it making a difference.
Sponsored